OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

ubl message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: Minutes for Pacific UBL TC call April 25/26 2005

00H30 - 02H30 UTC TUESDAY 26 APRIL 2005


  Tim McGrath(chair)
  Stephen Green
  Sylvia Webb
  Micah Dubinko


 Additions to the calendar (http://ibiblio.org/bosak/ubl/calendar.htm)
- The NIST EBSC group will meet in Washington on May 6th Syvlia will attend
- The TaxML group will meet in Philadelphia on May 24-27th Syvlia will 

 Subcommittee reports
MD reports that HISC have published a Developers preview package and 
want public feedback.  Please advise anyone who may be developing UBL 
software to check this out and make comment to the SC See announcement 
at: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl-dev/200504/msg00047.html
 Liaison reports
TM reports that the Certificate of Origin project aims to have completed 
their submission by April 28th.  It will include proposed extensions to 
the UBL library expressed in UBL spreadsheets.
TM reports that the OGC/IDA collaboration team had a teleconference call 
last week and discussed the outcome of their recent face-to-face 
meeting.  They are optimistic they can complete their consolidated Gap 
analysis at follow up meetings they are holding this week.  They are 
unlikely to be able to present these as proposals to UBL, but rather as 
a set of issues for discussion.  As such UBL will need to rely on 
ongoing participation by individual member countries than under the 
auspices of IDA (whose funding expires next month).

 ACTION: SylviaW to convey our comments to the Tax XML TC at its meeting 
this Wednesday and check to see whether final input will be delivered as 
previously scheduled.
 Status: Still stands as the meeting was postponed until this week.

 From last week's meeting: "The agenda for the content work session will 
depend on new issues received during the week."
* definition of Base Price:  questions raised on ubl-dev.  we agreed 
current UBL definition is lacking.  we propose to change this to 
something like "Original price without any additional costs or 
allowances for any product, service, or tax."  ACTION: TM to respond to 
ubl-dev with this proposal.
* comments for Stephen Green about modeling issues with 2.0 schemas:
SG: has noticed inconsistencies and ambiguities in the modeling of BBIEs 
in UBL 1.0 that affect the reusability of types in the schemas.  For 
example, ReasonCodeType should really be AllowanceChargeReasonType 
becasue it can only have values from the AllowanceChargeReasonTypeCode.  
TM: recognized the issue as a broader concern and will open up a 
discussion on the UBL list to determeine the most appropriate solution. 
ACTION: TM to respond to ubl with summary of modeling issues.
TM: commented that despite the agreement to call the next release UBL 
2.0 because the syntax chnages will break backward compatibility, we 
should be very cautious of making changes that break the library's 
backward compatibility.  Some of the anomalys and  inconsistencies in 
UBL 1.0 will have to stay but we should direct our effort to making 
future additions consistent.

Pacific call schedule 3 May (2 May in the Americas).

tim mcgrath
phone: +618 93352228  
postal: po box 1289   fremantle    western australia 6160

DOCUMENT ENGINEERING: Analyzing and Designing Documents for Business Informatics and Web Services
(coming soon from MIT Press)

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]