ubl message

Subject: Re: [ubl] UBL Concepts being used in the wild

At 08:24 AM 4/27/2005, MCRAWFORD@lmi.org wrote:
Greetings,

For a neat implementation of UBL concepts (library, ndr), take a look at:  http://groups.sims.berkeley.edu/CDE-Events/.

Mark

i am pleased that mark noticed the document engineering work that we're doing at berkeley, but i'd not characterize this work as being "in the wild."   It might be more accurate to view my research group and student projects as being "in the lab" where document engineering techniques are being developed and you UBL guys as "in the wild" with respect to us. ;-)

this particular project has a nice paper written about it in the XML 2004 proceedings

Model-driven Application Design for a Campus Calendar Network

http://www.idealliance.org/xmlusa/04/call/xmlpapers/228.1432/.228.html

(and it serves as the case study that spans much of the Document Engineering book that Tim McGrath and I have just finished)

bob

--
Robert J. Glushko, Ph.D.
http://www.sims.berkeley.edu/~glushko

DOCUMENT ENGINEERING: Analyzing and Designing Documents for Business Informatics and Web Services
(coming soon from MIT Press)
http://mitpress.mit.edu/catalog/item/default.asp?sid=632C40AB-4E94-4930-A94E-22FF8CA5641F&ttype=2&tid=10476