ubl message

Subject: Re: [ubl] PLENARY REPORT FROM THE UBL TC MEETING IN HANGZHOU 9 MAY - 13 MAY 2005

1. I did find problems prototyping a minor versioning design where these
top level BBIEs (and document-specific ABIEs too for that matter)
caused namespace/reuse/derivation XML problems. I think we need
to remove these document specific BIEs into another namespace other
than the document namespace. They could be any schema module as
long as they have a namespace different from the default namespace of
the document schema module, otherwise it causes XML schema design
problems for minor versioning.

2. I'm wary of the view that 'reusable' means '*being* reused': to me it
means 'could be reused'. So it could be applied to pretty much any BIE
in my opinion. Admittedly there are some BIEs which are more reusable than
others but where do you draw the line (Jon's point on the call last night,
perhaps taken out of context)? So I'd prefer not to prevent reuse and to
put the problem of making things suitable for reuse into the modeling and
naming discipline.

Overall I think this is very important to sort out but shouldn't be rushed
implementation until we have all the facts (e.g. NDR aspects and ATG2
alignment) for consideration on the table.

All the best

Steve