ubl message

Subject: TC memberships going forward

Hello UBL TC,

Straightening out our voting membership (see previous message)
doesn't solve the problem of maintaining it in the future.  For
the time being (or until OASIS revises its rules again), please
observe the following:

1. If you are currently a voting member and don't attend at least
   one of the three weekly TC calls at least once every two weeks,
   your status will be changed from "voting member" to "member"
   without further ado.  Note that our current TC call schedule
   leaves you no excuse for failing to dial in to at least one of
   the three weekly meetings.  For example, these voting members
   missed this week's meetings and will be removed from voting
   status if they don't call in to at least one meeting next week:

      Marty Burns
      Yukinori Saito
      Paul Thorpe

2. If you are a voting member who is going on vacation, you MUST
   send me a request for leave of absence so that you don't lose
   your voting status.  You are entitled to one LOA per year
   lasting up to 45 days simply by requesting it, and additional
   LOAs with the approval of the TC.

3. I can (just barely) take on the work of monitoring our voting
   members to track who's attending, but I cannot take
   responsibility for adding people who come in as prospective
   members; I just don't have the time.  This is particularly a
   problem with regard to people who are awaiting approval from
   their designated company contact.  If you are trying to gain or
   regain TC voting status, or are seeking approval from your
   designated contact, then it's up to you to read the OASIS TC
   process and tell me when you think you've fulfilled the
   requirements for membership or voting membership.  IF I DON'T
   HEAR FROM YOU, I WILL ASSUME THAT YOU ARE NOT INTERESTED, EVEN
   IF YOU HAVE ATTENDED A SUITABLE NUMBER OF MEETINGS.  I am
   certainly not going to go looking for your designated contact;
   that's your problem.

   The current OASIS TC process can be found at

      http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/process.php

Jon