ubl message

Subject: Minutes Eurasian call June 15th

Dear all
attached are the minutes of the Eurasian call.

Regards
Mavis
----------
Roll Call
Tim McGrath
Mavis Cournane
Mikkel Brun
Sue Probert
Thomas Lee
Brian Rassmusen

1. Calendar review
CEN/ISSS Workshop on July 1st. Mikkel Brun will be presenting for UBL
there.

There is a CEN workshop on June 27th in Geneva and either Peter
Borresen or Mikkel will attend. There will also be a representative
from DDTN there talking about UBL as well.

2. Thomas Lee will do a presentation at ebXML Asia.

3. We are still trying to develop a common extended procurement process
model that will satisfy the EU and Danish government. One of the key
issues is how UBL models parties. We are slowly coming to a consensus
about the way in which Parties be described. We are trying to establish
an agreed upon definition of the various roles of Party in procurement.
At the moment we have input from several sources all of which use
slightly different terminology.
There will be a F2F meeting in London to discuss this.

4. Issues List
All the issues and decisions upto and including work at the UBL
Hangzhou plenary.

5. UNedocs alignment
The feasibility study recommendations will be available by next week.

6. Structure of UBL models
It has been suggested to add a column to the spreadsheet to indicate
suitability for small business subset.
For HISC the Business Term will be used to create default labels used
to describe pieces of information. References to the UN Trade data
element dictionary will be provided to help HISC. Over the next few
weeks an extended version of the UBL data model will have to be
designed in liaison with the tools group and the NDR group.

SP: UNedocs has purchase, invoice etc but in a different scope. Their
scope is cross border which adds complexity of customs requirements.
TM: the question is do we want to extend UBL 1.0 document types to
support cross border trade.

SP: We don't need this for 2.0
TM: this is something we would need to explicitly state this.

7. NDR Issues
NDR and localisation. We made an extensible content area using XSD:Any
which is prohibited by NDR.
It was used for 2 reasons.
We had a government application that needed to send extra information
that was required by law to be there.
It would be useful to have a localized content element that would use
XSD:Any.
Appinfo, should only have non-normative content. We have been using
Schematron for validation. If you do localization of things e.g. ID.

8. Customisation
This can impact NDR 2.0. It should not be on the critical path, but
there are productive things we can go forward with.
We can at least address what type of problem are we trying to solve.

9. Schedule
TM: Jon has prepared a draft schedule. There are some key differences.
The first thing is in terms of content work we are going to divide into
2 streams. Stream 1 is the extended procurement process. This follows
the timetable of the past, it will be worked on in June, approved in
July and signed off in the Plenary in August. Coming out of that
plenary we will have a set of spreadsheets to the new architecture. The
work related to the transport content will form Stream 2.
Stream 2 will go forward from August until the end of Sept.
Part of that recognizes once we have the architecture right, adding
more content should not be a duplication of all the previous effort.

We are not doing a public review of the pre-committee draft.