ubl message

Subject: Minutes of Eurasian Call June 22 2005

Dear all
below are the minutes of the Eurasian call.

Regards
Mavis

------
1. Roll Call
Tim McGrath
Mavis Cournane
Peter Borresen
Mikkel Brun
Sue Probert

2. Report from Peter Borresen on Procurement Process
The meeting in London was very productive. The OGC agreed to drop the
rectification advice document. In general agreement was reached on the
procurement process between the Danish Government, Norwegian Government
and, Britain (OGC).
The plan is to take the document and discuss and finalize that document
on Friday in a conference call with the procurement group. This will
then be shared with the UBL group.
Other groups within UBL need to know the name and number of the
document groups being proposed.

As well is producing the procurement process model we can update the
issues list with the proposed PartyRoles and the definitions of them.

PB: We have discussed making a common European Localization.
IDA funding will finish in Sept.

As we move in to the construction and design of new document types for
UBL, we will prototype the first document collaboratively. We will
delegate sets of document types based on the collaboration they are
used within to individuals for initial development.

3. Sue Probert gave an update on the CEFACT Plenary meeting
SP: A new agreement between CEFACT and OASIS was formed.
Gunther Stuhec has indicated to the CEFACT Plenary that the one of the
key tasks ahead was to try to agree on the local/global issue and to
try and reach consensus.

4. TM: The report from the UBL/UNedocs feasibility study has been
distributed to the negotiating team and there is a meeting next week to
decide whether to adopt this strategy.

5. Tax XML will provide resources to develop guidelines for UBL
implementation in various tax regimes.
Over the next 3 weeks we will invite Tax XML people to participate in
the content discussions of the various weekly calls.
On the Eurasian call in 2 weeks time, the discussion will be devoted to
Tax XML issues

6. The three layered hierarchy will be discussed in the Atlantic call.
Columns will be added to the spreadsheet for the small business subset.
When we start on the new document types next week we will use the new
structure.

7. No additions to the calendar.
8. The small business subset SC Bryan Rasmussen made a comment about
the draft that it would benefit from having populated samples but we
need to find someone prepared to do that.
MB will try to find out if Bryan can provide some examples himself.