ubl message

Subject: Minutes of Atlantic UBL TC call 22 June 2005

MINUTES OF ATLANTIC UBL TC MEETING
15H00 - 17H00 UTC WEDNESDAY 22 JUNE 2005

ATTENDANCE

   Jon Bosak (chair)
   Mikkel Brun
   Marty Burns
   Tony Coates
   Mavis Cournane
   Stephen Green
   Michael Grimley
   Anne Hendry
   Zarella Rendon
   Kumar Sivaraman
   Sylvia Webb

   With 10 voting members present out of a current total of 16,
   the meeting was quorate!

STANDING ITEMS

   Additions to the calendar (http://ibiblio.org/bosak/ubl/calendar.htm)

      None.

   Liaison reports

      None.

   Subcommittee report: SSC

      StephenG: Just AnneH and StephenG last week; not a proper
      meeting.  In tomorrow's meeting we will be finalizing
      everything for the coming round of schema generation and
      informing DavidK that we do need to include ATG2 schemas.

   Team report: Code Lists

      MartyB: Spoke briefly with MikeG today and clarified that
      what needs to be reviewed is the email exchange between
      MartyB and TonyC.

      ACTION: MavisC and MikeG to review the email exchange
      contained in MartyB's message of 25 April and report back in
      next week's Atlantic TC call.

      MartyB: Will be traveling next week.

      MavisC: Spoke to Henry Thompson, who has promised to study
      MartyB's questions and get back with a response to Marty and
      Mavis by the end of this week.

      MartyB: If we can get Henry's solution to work (which we
      haven't yet), it would be the obvious choice for a solution
      that wouldn't require us to use substitution groups.

   Review of Pacific and Europe/Asia calls

      ACTION: JonB to send mail to the list noting the importance
      of the TC meeting in Ottawa.

      No other comments.

REUSABLE ARCHITECTURE

   ACTION: TC to review Saito-san's paper on re-architecting
   Reusable; JonB to note this in separate mail with invitation
   for a preliminary email discussion:

      http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/200505/msg00079.html

ACTION ITEM REVIEW

   Note that NDR AIs are listed separately below.

   ACTION: JonB to ask for a volunteer to serve as liaison to
   TBG17.

      some initial discussion.

   ACTION: TC to review the discussion between Marty and Tony in
   the package posted by Marty 4/25; this issue to be put on the
   agenda for next week's Atlantic call.

   ACTION: MavisC to "review the xml-dev thread regarding redefine
   as an alternative to substitution groups and then contact Henry
   Thompson for clarification (MartyB could not get Henry's
   suggestion to work)." [From minutes of the June 1 Atlantic
   call]

   ACTION: MartyB to contact MavisC offline to arrange
   participation in next week's NDR editors conference call.

   ACTION: TC to review the SBS package over the next two weeks, with
   all comments back to the SBSC by 4 July.

      StephenG: No comments have been received so far except
      BryanR's request for samples.  Might have a few comments of
      my own based on early testing.

   ACTION: JonB to review the current TC process and determine
   whether the SBS should be moved forward as a Committee Draft or
   a Committee Specification, the primary requirement being for a
   persistent URL.

APPROVALS

   AGREED that we will proceed with the changes proposed for the
   next round of schema programming, including the use of ATG2
   CCTS and dependent code list schemas.

UBL 2.0 SCHEDULE

   MikkelB: We need to hold to the scheduled approval of UBL 2.0
   as an OASIS standard by June 2006.

   AGREED to move the meeting tentatively scheduled for the week
   of 12 June 2006 to the following week (19-23 June 2006).
   [Given summer weather in Asia, I'm wondering now whether we
   should move it up to the week of 6 June instead; maybe we can
   talk about this again next week.]

   ACTION: JonB to contact KRLSC to see whether the June 2006
   meeting can be hosted in Seoul.

   AGREED that the March 2006 meeting should be held in Brussels
   if possible to provide maximum opportunity for participation by
   EU stakeholders.

   MikkelB: We can default to Copenhagen if necessary.

   ACTION: SylviaW to check on the date of the UN/CEFACT plenary
   in March 2006 to make sure we don't conflict with that
   schedule.

   ACTION: JonB to seek a host for a March 2006 meeting in
   Brussels.

OTHER BUSINESS

   StephenG: The UBL FAQ still talks about UBL 1.1.

   ACTION: JonB to revise the FAQ linked from the UBL TC page.

   MavisC: UBL members who are their company's representatives to
   OASIS should send mail to the OASIS TC Process Subcommittee
   asking them to implement a more reasonable criterion for voting
   membership.

   JonB: Company reps should send mail to
   jamie.clark@oasis-open.org requesting that the criterion for
   removal from voting membership be raised to three meetings in a
   row instead of the present two meetings in a row.

NDR WORK SESSION

   NDR Action items from last week:

   ACTION: MavisC to send input to MarkC for ATG (see item #6 in
   the minutes of the 1 June Eurasia call).

   ACTION: NDR editors to discuss the state of the NDR checklist
   [do we keep it or regenerate it when we're done making changes
   to the NDR document?].

      AGREED: We will remove the checklist from the NDR document
      for the time being and regenerate a new version after all
      changes have been made for UBL 2.0.

   ACTION: NDR editors to discuss DavidK's comments on the
   proposed changes and respond on the list with a spreadsheet
   that has their responses to his comments; TC to review the
   proposed changes together with both sets of comments and be
   prepared to give final approval in next week's Atlantic call
   [meaning this one].

      DavidK and updated the NDR document accordingly with changes
      to DOC1 and clarified wording in GXS1.

      ACTION: MavisC to provide a change log and an updated NDR
      document to the list.

FOR NEXT WEEK'S AGENDA

   Resolution of the proposal to re-architect Reusable.

FOR NEXT WEEK'S NDR WORK SESSION

   In this week's NDR editor's call, BryanR raised three issues to
   be discussed next week: (1) A reconsideration of our
   prohibition of XSD ANY, because there are regional laws
   requiring the inclusion of specific information, and we need an
   extensible content area to handle this; (2) Restrictions on
   strings in UBL content to ensure that the content consists of
   more than white space, for example through length or minlength
   facets; (3) Reconsideration of our prohibition of appinfo,
   because there are many cases where one element is conditional
   on another; this would give Scehamatron (for example) the data
   it needs to do conditional/contextual validation.