ubl message

Subject: Fw: Code list report

The following message is from Marty Burns, who could not attend
our opening plenary this morning.

As previously noted, we will be discussion code lists in the
Wednesday morning plenary and also in a special session Thursday
afternoon.

Jon

[Burnsmarty@aol.com:]

Our code list summary is as follows --

Steve has made the most progress on getting substitution groups to
work without placing abstract types in the code list schemas. He
still gets a flag from MSXML4 when used in Visual Studio .NET
2003. However, the files load properly and it is only with the
internal tool validation process that the error shows.

We have submitted schemas to XML-DEV to see if we can get advice
on this detail. Otherwise, I think that this is the best solution
albeit with some risk, at present.