ubl message

Subject: Re: AW: [ubl] Transition Statement

[dill2@gefeg.com:]

| OASIS is US based and thus it would be not favorable, if CEFACT or
| UBL put a proposal forward and the US Delegation for ISO voted NO.

OASIS happens to be incorporated as a nonprofit in the U.S., but
it is an international organization; see the members lists at

   http://www.oasis-open.org/about/index.php
   http://www.oasis-open.org/about/contributors.php

OASIS is not a U.S. national standards body and has no closer a
relationship with the U.S. delegation to TC 154 than it has to any
other delegation to TC 154.

If what you mean is that it would be futile to attempt to submit
UBL for standardization to TC 154 in the face of opposition from
any of the national delegations -- including yours -- then I agree
with you, but this is a political reality, not an organizational
one.

Jon