ubl message

Subject: Re: [ubl] Code list packaging for UBL 2.0 was: genericode & XSD(genericode-and-xsd.zzz) uploaded

Hi Jon,

I don't quite see what you envision for #2 or #4.  Are you talking about
all the code lists that are referenced in UBL?

I agree with Tim's statements below, but even more: how can we produce
enumerations for code lists that haven't been defined other than by a
name?  I thought we were getting away from providing enumerations in the
UBL packages - that this is something the user would do when they
configured their own software.  Many users may already have enumerations
for these that we couldn't guess at.  It's still my opinion that we're
best off only including enumerations for the code lists that we own.
For the others, examples would be the absolute most we'd want to do, but
even that is a dangerous precedent.  I'd leave that part completely up
to the users.

-A