ubl message

Subject: Code list question

Hello UBL TC,

I'm trying to understand exactly how we set up code lists in UBL
1.0, in particular what the difference is between the code lists
that we supply (such as ChipCode) and the ones that we don't (such
as CommodityCode).

One way of asking this question is as follows:

 - Suppose a user wants to provide enumerated values for
   CommodityCode and have them included in the initial validation.
   How exactly is this done?

 - Conversely, suppose a user wants to "turn off" checking against
   the enumerated values in ChipCode.  How is this done?

 - Would either enabling or disabling validation of a code list
   require a change to the document schemas?

Jon