ubl message

Subject: ATG2 udt:Amount and the need for a UBL 2.0 UBLAmount

As per my action on the last Pacific call, I've looked at the Amount
UDT in the ATG2 NDR (latest sent by Sylvia). It doesn't actually
include the UDT schema but section 9.1.1 reads, of udt:AmountType,

"The element "TotalAmount" is based on the unqualified data type "udt:AmountType":

<xsd:element name="TotalAmount" type="udt:AmountType"/>

The udt:AmountType is declared in the unqualified schema module as:

<xsd:schema targetNamespace="urn:un:unece:uncefact:data:draft:UnqualifiedDataTypeSchemaModule:1.1.A" xmlns:clm54217="urn:un:unece:uncefact:codelist:draft:5:4217:2001" *
	<!-- ===== Imports                                                 ===== -->
	<!-- =================================================================== -->
	<!-- ===== Imports of Code Lists                                   ===== -->
	<!-- =================================================================== -->
	<xsd:import namespace="urn:un:unece:uncefact:codelist:draft:5:4217:2001" schemaLocation="CodeList_CurrencyCode_ISO_7_04.xsd"/>
	*
	<!-- ===== Type Definitions                                        ===== -->
	<!-- =================================================================== -->
	<!-- ===== Primary RT: Amount. Type                                ===== -->
	<!-- =================================================================== -->
	<xsd:complexType name="AmountType">
		<xsd:simpleContent>
			<xsd:extension base="xsd:decimal">
				<xsd:attribute name="currencyCode" type="clm54217:CurrencyCodeContentType" use="required"/>
			</xsd:extension>
		</xsd:simpleContent>
	</xsd:complexType>

This udt:AmountType includes one attribute (supplementary component), which is based on the simple type "clm54217:CurrencyCodeContentType", which comes from the schema module of the code list "ISO 4217". Therefore, the code values of the attribute "currencyCode" are only based on this standardized code list.
The code list schema module for ISO 4217 is:
..."

so from this I'd say we certainly still need a qdt:UBLAmountType (qdt: or sdt: ?)
and it would differ from the UBL 1.0 sdt:UBLAmountType in that it would
replace the 'fixed="..."' schema attribute for supplementary components
with, say (I'd suggest), 'default="..."' .

All the best

Steve

>>> "Sylvia Webb" <swebb@gefeg.com> 12/09/05 23:03:28 >>>
Peter,

Please advise when the uDT spreadsheet for UBL 2.0 will be updated to
conform with the ATG2 uDT schema module? I am attaching the latest draft
ATG2 NDR document. The uDT's are listed in Appendix E.

The uDT spreadsheet that was provided to GEFEG is from UBL 1.0 and no longer
valid.

Please rename the file with a .zip extension before unloading.

Regards,
Sylvia