ubl message

Subject: AW: [ubl] Procurement Models for UBL 2.0

Tim,
when I read the May paper, I did not see, that there is any rule, which
says, that cross references are allowed. Thus for me a concept, where models
are referencing to each other (ABIE A in Model 1 bases on ABIE B in model 2
and ABIE C in Model 2  bases on ABIE D in model 1) is not the desirable
design concept. And your comment (Financial Institution etc) further below
seems to support that.
Is this correct?

But at the very end of your email you said, that "it would be safest to
assume that any ABIE
can reference any other ABIE whever it appears in the UBL spreadsheet
models". Personally I assume, that tools in general will put all
spreadsheets together and import them into data modelling software. For
these approaches the safest way is not a problem and this is, what I could
do easily with GEFEG FX.

But this is a way I must disagree with. The only reason to accept the
separation of the UBL Library data is a partially separated maintenance and
further development of the different models. They have different owners and
sub committees and can be updated separately. Considering the lessons
learned from established industry standardization organizations this is of
real value. But then a cross reference concept will make it very difficult
to maintain and further develop the sub models.

In order to minimize the described negative impacts of he separation of the
UBL library into different sub's, I hereby request, that the rule should be
stated, that the common library should never refer to higher specialized
libraries and that there aren't any mutual references between sub models.

Furthermore you wrote "I suspect this
needs correction and that the "Branch" actually belongs in procurement as
well." Shall I read this that there would be two identical 'Branch' entries:
one in 'common' and a second in 'procurement'?
thanks
Michael