ubl message

Subject: Re: [ubl] Minutes of Atlantic UBL TC call 21 September 2005

The minutes read:

   "TonyC (in email):

      Just in case I don't get to dial in to the Atlantic call
      today, the status of the genericode Schema is that I haven't
      done the changes yet to bring it to 1.0.  However, I don't
      expect those changes (which should be done in the next week
      or two) to affect UBL at all, beyond the change to the
      genericode namespace when the version changes.

      I uploaded new stylesheets that work with Marty's latest
      code list Schema structure.  I also enhanced the generated
      Schematron to check the code list metadata (and would
      appreciate Ken's comments on this).  However, I have to
      point out that this checking only applies when you use the
      *global element* defined in the code list Schema.  To get it
      to work with a differently named element using the same
      complex type, you would need to write an extra Schematron
      rule.  Alternatively, we would have to experiment with using
      Schematron with XSLT 2.0 & XPath 2.0 and use the "Schema
      type aware features".  However, I only know of one
      (commerical) XSLT engine that supports this (Saxon 8A), so
      it might be better just to tell people how to add the extra
      Schematron rule (3 lines)."

I have a few issues with the examples from Marty

1. they contain globally defined attributes; I thought all attributes
were to be local

2. the attributes are different between the Currency schema and the
generic Code one

3. the use of ref="..." in one schema and name="..." for codelist
Supplementary Component attributes in the other:- is this agreed?
If so
4. is it documented somewhere?
5. is the agreement agreed/compatible with the NDR?

All the best

Steve