ubl message

Subject: Re: [ubl] Question regarding ebBP

something is confusing me about this request.  probably because i am
unclear on the use of "logical document".

firstly, what do they mean by "logical"? my understanding of a logical
document is that it is an abstraction of a physical one.  this doesn't
fit with the rest of the disucssion which deals with physical artifacts.

secondly, do they mean "logical document" or "logical document model"?
a logical document would be an abstraction of an instance.  a schema is
not a logical (or physical) document - it is a model of a physical
document. so we can say (in a process definition), "here is a logical
document" (the idea of an invoice instance) but what you are describing
is "here is a physical document as expressed by this schema (and other
stuff)"

from what you describe, i first thought that when ebBP says "logical
document" they expect a model of a logical document.  this may be a UML
model, and/or a UBL spreadsheet, and/or a narrative description and/or
an abstracted schema. however, the artifacts we know as UBL Invoice
schema is not a logical model of anything.

however, your request clearly wants a physical document model - not what
the term "logical document" implies.