OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

ubl message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: RE: [ubl] Minutes of Pacific UBL TC call 17|18 October 2005

Hi all,
Hi all,
For tomorrow's (Thursday) TSC F2F meeting, we'll arrange for call-in
facility from 4.45pm SGT, to allow those that are not able to join in to
have a quick summary of the meeting's discussion.

Interested parties can call 65 67844333, code: 800324#

Kamarudin Tambi

-----Original Message-----
From: jon.bosak@sun.com [mailto:jon.bosak@sun.com] 
Sent: Tuesday, October 18, 2005 10:00 PM
To: ubl@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: [ubl] Minutes of Pacific UBL TC call 17|18 October 2005

00H30 - 02H30 UTC TUESDAY 18 OCTOBER 2005


   Jon Bosak (chair)
   Betty Harvey
   G. Ken Holman
   Andy Schoka
   Kumar Sivaraman
   Sylvia Webb


   Additions to the calendar:

      SW: X12: 5-10 February 2006, Seattle; 4-9 June 2006,
      Chicago; 24-29 September 2006, Boston.

   Liaison report: X12

      SW: Dan Kazzaz has already initiated discussions with Dick
      Raman; he wants X12 models and schemas to be interoperable
      with UBL, CEFACT, and other international standards.

      AGREED that KS will back up SW as the UBL liaison to X12.

   Liaison report: Tax XML TC

      SW: The discussion between TimM and the Tax XML TC is
      scheduled for 9 November.

   Liaison report: ebBP TC

      JB: Note again the request for input regarding logical

   Subcommittee report: HISC

      GKH: Still on hold pending completion of code list work.

   Subcommittee report: SBSC

      JB: Still waiting for schemas.

   Subcommittee report: PSC

      SW: Not on track to meet deadline.  No meeting this morning,
      and was not able to dial in to the Friday F2F.  Reported
      back on some errors still in the spreadsheets; there is
      still much debugging to do there.  Have not had an
      opportunity to attempt import of any of the other models,
      but can tell that there will be questions at the least.

      Problem: An unintended consequence of adopting the ATG UDT
      is that the data model is not compatible with the UBL UDT
      model, so we will need a UBL QDT that matches the ATG
      UDT. This would have been an SSC task, but TonyC, SG, AH are
      all having problems attending.

      JB: Maybe an ad hoc team can attack this problem.  Will
      raise in the Atlantic call.

   Subcommittee report: TSC

      AS: All-day F2F in Singapore 20 October to review and
      finalize transport content.  Have suggested a call at the
      end to get a summary but have received no response.

   Team report: Code lists

      GKH: Good message from TonyC, much appreciated.  Have found
      inconsistencies in 1.0.  Things are progressing.  But note
      that my work is on the examples for the supplementary
      materials, not on the structures for the enumerated code
      lists.  Question: are we going with the UBL 1.0 code list
      structure for the code lists that were in UBL 1.0?  Or do we
      use the structure of the code lists that we have agreed to
      adopt from ATG2?

      JB: We need to review the decisions we made in Ottawa and
      discuss this in the Atlantic call.

   Review of Atlantic and Europe/Asia calls

      GKH/SW: OK with the conclusion of the CEFACT discussion.

   Schedule review:

      JB: Just the core; still have to do a schedule for the
      supplementary materials.


   ACTION: SW to send CCTS, TBG17, other CEFACT schedules


   ACTION: TM to document the spreadsheet structure and format by
   the first week of October.  This means a prose description of
   each column in the spreadsheets that we are now using.

      (From Atlantic call) To be completed by 10/14.

      SW: Haven't seen this yet.

   ACTION: JB to revise the UBL 2.0 schedule to separate the core
   2.0 package from the informative materials.

      Core done; informative pending.


   GKH and BH are in Manhattan this week and will check out the
   rooms at 101 Park Avenue that we're thinking of using for the
   January F2F.

Jon Bosak

To unsubscribe from this mail list, you must leave the OASIS TC that
generates this mail.  You may a link to this group and all your TCs in

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]