ubl message

Subject: Conceptual [ubl] Errors UBL 2. 0 Draft 7 - Common and Procurement Libraries

Tim,
Fine, in case of the theoretical CCTS compliance, which you mention, UBL
would refer to CCs from other sources or define its own CC. No problem.

But for now there aren't any CCs visible.

You referred to another legitimate possibility for UBL, i.e. to let the
ABIEs
refer to a CC Library. In that case you would certainly expect, that a QA of
the spreadsheets would give a warning, if an BIE refers to a CC that is not
in
the Library. Fine, exactly that happens. Because GEFEG learnt that an
error is not always an error, the GEFEG edifix tool calls it a warning. This
means that the user can simply
skip the messages that they do not like.

If 'conceptual' means, that CCs are somewhere on a logical level only, then
your
view is certainly correct and no tool of the World could refer to them. But
I guess, that there would be a hard tim to explain to users that others make
their Core Components visible and UBL cannot, because in UBL they are by
definition conceptual and invisible.

I have to correct a misconception as well. You wrote, that 'the EDIFIX model
cannot find definitions for Base ABIEs or CCs within its own model.' This
implies that it that cannot look into other models.
The opposite is the case. We work with different physical models and
with packages. This has been implemented in order to meet maintenance
requirements where different parts of a logical model have different
owners, a different update frequency and a different maintenance workflow.
E.g. code lists that come from ISO, governments or a user. CCT and uDT come
from
CCTS. This allows to replace just those parts of a logical model where an
update is available or needed. Also this allows that a user can describe his
stuff in a
separate UserModel and just reuse the UBL models by referring to them. Thus
he could update the old UBL version with a later one without damaging or
losing the investments, he already made.

As you can see, it would be also be possible to tell the tool to take the
underlying CCs
from another source - if any and if requested!

kind regards
Michael