ubl message

Subject: Re: Summary: How others handle minor version URIs

Oops, missed some input from Mark Baker regarding W3C schema
efforts.  In a message apparently intended for the ubl-dev list
but for some reason not archived there, he wrote:

   FYI, XHTML 1.0 and 1.1 used the same namespace, while XHTML 2.0
   used a new one.  Also, SVG 1.0, 1.1, and 1.2 shared the same
   namespace.  Off the top of my head, I can't think of any W3C
   XML based format spec which changed the namespace on a minor
   version rev.

Revised list below.

Jon

Group 1a: Changes the namespace for minor versions

   RosettaNet (electronics)
   MDDL and FpML (financial)

Group 1b: Changes the namespace for minor versions, but not with
   good results

   Grants.gov (government grants)
   SEMATECH (manufacturing)

Group 2a: Keeps the namespace the same for minor versions

   OAGIS (automotive and aerospace)
   XHTML (WWW)
   SVG (vector graphics)
   Most (if not all) of the other W3C XML schemas

Group 2b: Keeps the namespace the same, but maintains version info
   in a revision attribute

   STAR (automotive)