ubl message

Subject: RE: [ubl] UBL 2.0 uDT and NDR issue

Greetings,

The NDR states in the preceding sentence: "UBL uses two types of Datatypes - unqualified that are provided by the UN/CEFACT Unqualified Datatype (udt) schema module,  and qualified datatypes that are defined by UBL."

Because it is clearly stated that we use the ATG2 UDT schema, it is simply a matter of an incorrect description of that schema (and not a rule). I recommend that GEFEG continue with the spreadsheet that correctly models the ATG2 schema.

I also recommend that we simply remove the text "and have no restrictions to the values of the corresponding ccts:ContentComponent or ccts:SupplementaryComponent" from the paragraph in question.

Thank You,
Mike

-----Original Message-----
From: Sylvia Webb [mailto:swebb@gefeg.com]
Sent: Friday, 04 November 2005 1707
To: ubl@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: [ubl] UBL 2.0 uDT and NDR issue

All,

I had an action item to create a UBL uDT spreadsheet that describes everything in the ATG2 uDT schema, ignoring what UBL currently has for uDT and qDT, and then to create the UBL qDT using the same structure. A draft spreadsheet was recently submitted to the TC for review and member comments have been noted by GEFEG.

In completing this action item, we noticed the following text taken from Page 16 of the latest UBL NDR draft document dated 2005-08-11:
389 ... The ccts:UnqualifiedDatatypes correspond to 390 ccts:RepresentationTerms and have no restrictions to the values of the
391 corresponding ccts:ContentComponent or ccts:SupplementaryComponent.

Based on these statements, the ATG2 uDT XSD cannot be used for UBL 2.0 uDT XSD. The reason is that ATG2 NDR restricts certain XSD data types and does NOT include all supplementary components. UBL does not have these restrictions as shown above. This also impacts the UBL 2.0 qDT.

Please advise how GEFEG should proceed with WRT these differences.

Regards,
Sylvia