OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

ubl message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: Minutes of Atlantic UBL TC call 30 November 2005

16H00 - 18H00 UTC WEDNESDAY 30 NOVEMBER 2005


   Peter Borresen
   Jon Bosak (chair)
   Mikkel Brun
   Marty Burns
   Tony Coates
   Mavis Cournane
   Stephen Green
   Mike Grimley
   Betty Harvey
   Zarella Rendon
   Andy Schoka
   Sylvia Webb


   Additions to the calendar:


      ACTION: JB to send Manhattan meeting notice to the list.

   Subcommittee and team updates to Pacific call status reports

      No changes.

   Review of Pacific call

      No comments.

   Schedule review

      JB: Doesn't look good for a December public review.


   Question for the TC: Can the first code list methodology
   document (applying the schematron approach to UBL 1.0 code
   lists) become a UBL 1.0 CD?

      AGREED that this sounds like an OK idea.

   Question for TonyC: Was it expected that UBL would standardize
   genericode or just point to it?

      TonyC: OK to include; no encumbrances; whatever works.

      AGREED that we can include the code list schema in the 2.0
      spec.  We can either define a subset of the whole genericode
      schema or include the whole thing but use only part of it.


   We are supposed to sign off on the SBS this week:


   We discussed how USDOT might use the SBS methodology to define
   subsets of the UBL 2.0 transportation documents... and how we
   might use USDOT requirements to define the UBL 2.0 SBS... but
   we didn't sign off on the 1.0 SBS!  Let's finish this up in the
   Pacific call.


   ACTION: MikkelB to talk to PB and see if Denmark can help out
   with business process for input to ebBP.

   Changed to:

      ACTION: DK team to review the ebBP UBL transactions when
      they become available next week.

   ACTION: SW to upload the UNECE business requirement
   specifications (BRSs) and notify the list.


   ACTION: AS to look at the UNECE cross-industry invoice
   document to see whether there are points that might be
   relevant to SG's work with the ebBP TC.

   Changed to:

      ACTION: AS to send the list of definitions from the UNECE
      cross-industry invoice document to the list.

      ACTION: AS to send Section 3, Terms and Definitions, from
      ISO CD 24533 to the list.


   ACTION: NDR editors to investigate the implications of MB's
   proposal and report back to the TC next week with a summary of
   the arguments pro and con and (we hope) a recommendation.

      The proposal specifies the format for whatever enumerated
      codelist schemas are included in 2.0; it's been demonstrated
      that the proposed format is consistent with the genericode
      approach.  The question is whether it is CCTS compliant and
      whether it conflicts with the ATG UDT.

      AGREED (in advance of testing): we will extend the codetype
      in the ATG2 UDT schema to be the union of the UDT code type
      and an enumeration -- each enumeration being a restriction
      on the UDT code type.  This doesn't change our decision to
      adopt the ATG2 UDT schema. (The token will just happen to be
      part of an enumeration.)

      ACTION: NDR editors to reflect this decision in the NDRs.

      ACTION: MartyB to test this approach against the latest
      draft 2.0 schemas (draft 10, sent out by PB about a week
      ago); will try to have this done next week.  SW to generate
      the schema test package for this.

      ACTION: TC to review the questions posed by MG:


   ACTION: SG to check to see where the problem Definitions are
   and see whether the Definitions can be put in the schemas
   [relating to issue 1 in last week's NDR work session].

      SG: The defs are all there in one version of the QDT
      spreadsheets.  The last QDT sent should have had the defs in
      the definition column.

      SW: Will look at that.

   ACTION: NDR editors to review the issue of UIDs and CCTS

      MG: We looked in the archives and found that we originally
      had the UIDs in there, but then the group assumed that the
      UID would be assigned by the registry.

      SW: If any process modifies our content, even for a UID,
      that seems to be counter to what a standards organization
      should do... The UID is assigned in the schema. If assigned
      after the fact, then every instance of the schema can have a
      different set of unique identifiers.  Should this really be
      a value added after the fact?

      JB: The dictionary entry name is the unique identifier.  The
      UID is completely redundant.  This is so stupid.

      SW: But it's in CCTS 2.01.  It's mandatory: 6 digits with
      leading zeroes.

      MG: The UID goes in the documentation section.

      AGREED: SW is right, we need to assign UIDs in the schema.
      But we don't really care how it's done.

      ACTION: SW to suggest a practical mechanical way to assign
      the UIDs.

   ACTION: NDR editors to edit the NDR document and modify the
   text as suggested in email of 7 November [relating to issue 3
   in last week's NDR work session].


      ACTION: NDR editors to ensure that all mentions of importing
      the CCTS parameter schema have been removed.

   ACTION: JB to forward the ATG2 minutes of 14 November and the
   updated code list schemas of 16 November for use in trying to
   coordinate with ATG2 on these questions.



   December meetings: We will meet as usual 12/7 and 12/14 but not
   12/21 or 12/28.  Regular Atlantic TC calls will resume 1/4.

   We note that MG, MC, and SW cannot attend next week's Atlantic

Jon Bosak

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]