OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

ubl message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: Minutes of Pacific UBL TC call 5|6 December 2005

00H30 - 02H30 UTC TUESDAY 6 DECEMBER 2005


   Jon Bosak (chair)
   Stephen Green
   G. Ken Holman
   Tim McGrath (vice chair)
   Andy Schoka
   Kumar Sivaraman


   Additions to the calendar:


   Subcommittee report: SBSC

      TM: A group of consultants in Australia has developed UML
      models based on the SBS -- nothing that changes the
      semantics of UBL, just a subset of the full UBL model -- to
      represents how CEFACT is planning to express core
      components.  They have obtained permission from the
      Australian government to allow us to include the diagrams in
      the SBS package.  See http://govdex.gov.au .

      AGREED to add these diagrams to the SBS package in advance
      of the next public review.

      JB: Several comments on the SBS:

         1. In the PDF version, the URLs to subsidiary documents
            don't resolve.  We don't have to get this fixed right
            now, but we will have to deal with it before final

         2. The document says:

               It is intended that any party wishing to limit
               their own UBL implementation to the Small Business
               Subset (SBS) SHOULD indicate this in their trading
               partner agreements (or the equivalent) with the
               relevant UBL schema URI and URL and with the URI
               and URL associated with the respective Small
               Business Subset definition document.

            But a URL *is* a URI.  So this passage needs to be

         3. The SBSC needs to at least revisit the use of
            SHOULD/SHOULD NOT vs. MUST/MUST NOT in section 2.1.
            In particular, the use of SHOULD in the lead sentence
            of 2.1 to refer to "normative business rules" needs to
            be confirmed.  Perhaps the SBSC can define the meaning
            of compliance with regard to the SBS.

         4. The spreadsheets should be made available in ODF as
            well as Excel format.

      AGREED that the SBSC will consider this input before
      completing SBS CD2.

      AGREED that it's OK to put out the SBS for an informal
      review over the winter break and then proceed immediately to
      formal review as soon as possible thereafter.

   Liaison report: UN/CEFACT

      JB: The negotiating team meets Wednesday morning to consider
      OASIS input.

      TM: It's going to be difficult to plan for the coordination
      with TMG and ATG now that we no longer have liaisons
      tracking the CCTS and ATG2 activities.

      JB: Let's bring this up in the UN/UBL call Wednesday.

   Liaison report: X12

      KS: The new chair is still busy; we'll check back with him

   Subcommittee report: HISC

      GKH: In Ottawa, we modified the output specs for the eight
      UBL doc types to reflect our new box-oriented approach to
      layout; could we extend this to the new doc types at the
      meeting in Manhattan?

      JB: Not without your participation.  This is part of the
      Support Package, so it can wait till you come back.

   Team report: Code Lists

      GKH: Still committed to finish all the way to a committee
      draft before taking leave.

      TM: The NDRs have to be revised to reflect MartyB's proposed
      change before we can generate schemas.  If his testing [see
      last week's Atlantic minutes] isn't done in time or doesn't
      work out, we'll have to default to no change for this round
      of schema generation. [See action item under the next

   Subcommittee reports: PSC and TSC

      TM: The PSC and TSC are aiming to freeze semantics 12/9 and
      then proceed to merging the two sets of models.  Delivery of
      the merged set is hoped for 12/16, at which point we can
      begin generating schemas for the review.

      JB: We can't do that till the NDR document has been revised.

      ACTION: JB to check with NDR editors regarding NDR document

      TM: If all goes well, we could have all the materials for a
      review package the week of 19 December, before the break.

      JB: At which time we can put those out to our stakeholders
      for a sanity check.

      TM: And then put the package together the week of 2 January.

      JB: Which would still allow us to turn our attention to the
      Support Package at the meeting in Manhattan.

   Team report: Digital Signatures

      TM: Our proposed method of dealing with digsigs is to adopt
      the proposal for Document Reference.

   Review of Atlantic call

      No comments.

   Schedule review

      See under PSC/TSC above.


   ACTION: SG to send mail to MHB and JosteinF asking for
   assistance with subsetting Catalogue for SBS 2.0.

      Done; no response.

   ACTION: AS to review the SBS to see whether the methodology is
   applicable to USDOT subsetting.

      Already taken care of.

   ACTION: JB to continue looking for XForms support.

      JB: It appears that BR will be taking this on.

   ACTION: TM to post the Document Reference proposal to the list.

      TM: Have posted this, need comments by 9 December.

   ACTION: SG and SW to create a UBL UDT spreadsheet that
   describes everything in the ATG2 UDT schema, ignoring what UBL
   currently has for UDT and QDT, and then create the UBL QDT
   using the same structure.

      Still pending.

   ACTION: SG and SW to manually update the CC parameter schema.

      "SG: Atlantic call decided not to import the module.
      SW: We need to see this reflected in the NDRs."

      From which it appears that this should be shifted to the
      Atlantic agenda.

      ACTION: JB to include this point in his check with the NDR


   AGREED that we will hold the Pacific TC call 12/13 and 12/20 as
   regularly scheduled, skip 12/27, and resume as usual 1/3.

Jon Bosak

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]