ubl message

Subject: Minutes of Atlantic UBL TC call 11 January 2006

MINUTES OF ATLANTIC UBL TC MEETING
16H00 - 18H00 UTC WEDNESDAY 11 JANUARY 2006

ATTENDANCE

   Peter Borressen
   Jon Bosak (chair)
   Tony Coates
   Mavis Cournane
   Stephen Green
   Mike Grimley
   Betty Harvey
   Mark Leitch
   Zarella Rendon
   Andy Schoka
   Paul Thorpe
   Sylvia Webb

STANDING ITEMS

   Additions to the calendar:
      http://ibiblio.org/bosak/ubl/calendar.htm

ACTION: PB to send schedule for Northern European LSC formation.

   Subcommittee and team updates to Pacific call status reports

      JB: Note wiki discussion in the Pacific call; will discuss
      in Manhattan.

      PB: Example instances will be ready in time for the meeting.

      SW: It would be helpful to have issues list ahead of the
      meeting.

      ACTION: BH to provide the issues file converted to xls a few
      days before the meeting in Manhattan.

   Schedule review

      JB: Note (as usual) no TC calls the week before and the week
      after the f2f in Manhattan.  There will be a Pacific call
      next week, but it's technically a working session and not a
      TC meeting.

      JB: Our current schedule makes it necessary to move the
      meeting in Brussels out a week or two, to the first or
      second week in May.

      AGREED: The week of 1 May is out because that's a holiday,
      so we will move the meeting to the week of 8 May.

      MC: Must book hotels in Brussels far in advance to avoid
      high cost.  (Example: Holiday Inn charging 600 euros a
      night.)

      SW: CEN/ISSS site has a list of hotels; many have special
      rates if we can link to CEN.... It depends on when you book.

      JB: Perhaps our hosts in Brussels can suggest recommended
      hotels.

      ACTION: TM to convey these requests to our hosts in
      Brussels.

      MC: Need to know the entire (rough) 2006 meeting schedule by
      about the beginning of February for budget purposes.

      JB: The meeting after Brussels will be in the Far East,
      probably Singapore.  We need to start working on this.

SBS SUBMISSION

   AGREED: JB to begin balloting the second UBL 1.0 SBS CD and
   submit for another public review.

ACTION ITEM REVIEW

   ACTION: JB to add issues tracking to the agenda for Manhattan.

      Done.

   ACTION: JB to put SBS on agenda for [this] week's Atlantic TC
   call.

      Done.

Jon Bosak
Chair, OASIS UBL TC