ubl message

Subject: Re: SV: [ubl] Guidance sought regarding full UBL 2 XPath files

At 2006-01-25 16:14 +0100, Bryan Rasmussen wrote:
>looking over this quickly it looks to me that Order related documents have
>an expansion of approx. 8 times, the expansion of invoice looks like approx.
>6 times (this is on the element level)
>
>The advice documents (DespatchAdvice,ReceiptAdvice) seem to have a different
>expansion, approx. double
>
>anyone have any ideas as to which elements this would be likely to be?

Per the excellent suggestion in this morning's session at the
face-to-face, I grabbed the two smallest XPath report files and the
smallest of the larger report files for both UBL 1 and UBL 2 and put
them in the a file in the temporary folder of the documents page:

http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/16404/XPath-comparison-files-20060125-1950z.zip

It would seem the explosion comes from the addition of:  signature
information, many more roles of parties involved, and document and
item identification constructs.

Perhaps we just have to live with it.  Am I ever glad we have the SBS!

I hope this helps.

--
Upcoming XSLT/XSL-FO hands-on courses:  Denver,CO March 13-17,2006
Male Cancer Awareness Aug'05  http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/o/bc