ubl message

Subject: Re: [ubl] UUID and GUID

I think we should distinguish between UUID as a term and UUID as a
standard for creating unique identifiers.  That is, keep structure
separate from content.

We are specifying that certain components contain a unique identifier -
we did not mean to specify what form that identifier should take.  If
some implementers use ISO and some use IETF and others ITU that is their
call.

With regard to terminology I suspect it may be better to call this
component Unique Identifier or UID and avoid the "is this a UUID or
GUID?" argument.