ubl message

Subject: Re: [ubl] WD 2.0 code list summary usage

see my comments inline...

G. Ken Holman wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> In my analysis today I determined the actual use of code list data
> types across the document types declared in the WD UBL 2.0 schemas.
>
> Note that I do not detect a single use of the ATG2-prescribed
> LanguageCodeContentType data type defined in
> CodeList_LanguageCode_ISO_7_04.xsd ... is there a reason why we have it?

we don't use it  and neither does the ATG2 schemas.  Both UBL and ATG2
use Identifier for language.  I suspect its a relic from an older ATG2
version.

> I also do not detect a single use of the specialized datatypes
> AcknowledgementResponseCodeType and CountryIdentificationCodeType
> defined in UBL-SpecializedDatatypes-2.xsd ... is this an oversight?

AcknowledgementResponseCodeType was left in the Specialized/Qualified
Data Types even though we dropped it from the documents - sorry.

CountryIdentificationCodeType is now just a plain CodeType (no enumerations)

We know we have work to do on the Specialized/Qualified Data Type
spreadsheets (and schemas)

> Finally, the "generic" lists (is there a better name for these?  these
> are not derived from specialized datatypes) ... my initial analysis
> indicates that only 73 are actually in use ... yet I detect that the
> following six are declared but not used anywhere:
> AllowanceChargeReasonCodeType, AuthorizationCodeType (because
> AuthorizationCode is not used), CodeValueType, CostCodeType (because
> CostCode is not used), and EventCodeType (because EventCodeType is not
> used).

We do use AllowanceChargeReasonCodeType  (in the AllowanceCharge
ComplexType) but is now just a plain CodeType (no enumerations).  Like
CountryIdentificationCodeType it shouldn't be in the
Specialized/Qualified Data Types.

Actually we do use CodeValue but it is a TextType not a CodeType and is
used by the Catalogue Request document as part of a Classification
Category.

The rest are ATG2 codes lists for BBIEs that we don't use.