ubl message

Subject: Minutes of Atlantic UBL TC call 8 February 2006

MINUTES OF ATLANTIC UBL TC MEETING
16H00 - 18H00 UTC WEDNESDAY 8 FEBRUARY 2006

ATTENDANCE

   Jon Bosak (chair)
   Mikkel Brun
   Tony Coates
   Mavis Cournane
   Mike Grimley
   Betty Harvey
   Andy Schoka
   Paul Thorpe
   Sylvia Webb

STANDING ITEMS

   Additions to the calendar:
      http://ibiblio.org/bosak/ubl/calendar.htm

      None.

   Subcommittee and team updates to Pacific call status reports

      None.

   Review of Pacific call

      AS: WRT SG waiting for a subset: not something I can do
      alone [see more under OTHER BUSINESS], but leave as an open
      issue.

VANCOUVER UN/CEFACT FORUM

   SW will be there, but as a TBG6 project lead (construction and
   project management).

BRUSSELS F2F

   We have to choose between a four-day meeting 2-5 May and a
   4.5-day meeting 22-26 May.

   MC: The 29th is the UK Spring bank holiday.

   PT: And Memorial Day in the U.S.

   MC/PT: Prefer week of 22 May.

   AGREED to hold the meeting in Brussels 22-26 May; PT may miss
   the first day.

   ACTION: JB to inform Alain, noting change from 8 May, and ask
   how to get the preferred CEN/CENELEC hotel rate.  [This has
   subsequently been overtaken by further information from Alain.]

   JB: We're on for the meeting the week of 6 Nov in Singapore.

   ACTION: JB to announce the Singapore meeting. [This is on hold
   pending a check with OASIS regarding colocation with an OASIS
   event in Singapore around the same time.]

XML SPY LICENSES

   BH, AS, PB, MB, and JB have XML Spy licenses (5 out of the 10
   donated by Altova).

ACTION ITEM REVIEW (from 2006.01.11)

   ACTION: PB to send schedule for Northern European LSC formation.

      MB: Not sure where we are right now; we have weekly
      conference calls, will have to ask PB whether the other
      countries are OK with formation of a new LSC.

   ACTION: MB to check with PB regarding interest in forming an
   OASIS UBL LSC for Northern Europe.

NDR WORK SESSION

   MC: Update: MG and I have done the checklist and will make it
   publicly available on the UBL site next Monday (i.e., a version
   of the NDR doc with the checklist attached as Appendix A).

   MB: BR has submitted a paper on extension.

   ACTION: TC to review the extension paper; JB to put on the
   agenda for next week.

   MG: We need to understand the NDR implications; the only one
   we're aware of now is the prohibition of ANY.

   MC: Next on the NDR to-do list is starting on the schema
   review, but we don't need to do this as part of the TC call.

OTHER BUSINESS

   AS: Looking for advice on how to get clarifications as the
   USDOT data group reviews the 2.0 PRD.  People have raised
   questions; not sure how to get answers.  For example, looking
   for further insight into the rationale for definitions of
   "shipment" or "consignment."

   JB: Ask the TSC whether to raise during the call or discuss by
   email.

   AS: And questions about the XML?

   JB: Send to the ubl list.

   AS: When in doubt whether PSC or TSC?

   JB: Send to the ubl list.

   AS: Are issues that are posted looked at by the SCs before the
   end of review?

   JB: Yes.  Indicate which domain when submitting the issue.

   TonyC: Will be gone next week.

   JB: (Regarding meetings during the March UN/CEFACT Forum)
   Atlantic calls 3/8, 3/15, and 3/22 will occur as scheduled and
   will be chaired by MC if JB and TM are not available.  We may
   cancel the Pacific calls.

Jon Bosak
Chair, OASIS UBL TC