ubl message

Subject: Suggested Plan for Supporting Material and SBS deliverables

At last week's TC meeting I was asked to come up with a plan of what
deliverables we would need to both co-ordinate the supporting material
from the Procurement and Transportation subcommitees and also satisfy
the requirements for SBS and ebBP models.

I first identified 4 work items:

* SBS profiles - spreadsheet models with SBS requirements marked
* Business Process definitions - ebBP schemas
* Use case definitions - worksheet format
* Sample Instances of documents

Plotting the current status of these  in each subcommitee, I get:

* SBS profiles - Procurement = YES, Transportation = NO (we could extend
the SBS to include the seller as an consignor exporting the goods)
* Business Process definitions - Procurement = YES, Transportation = NO
(following from the above we could add ebBP schemas for 'initiating
transport services')
* Use case definitions - Procurement = NO (we could transpose the Danish
scenarios and SBS scope into worksheets), Transportation = YES
* Sample Instances of documents - Procurement = ??? (SBS just posted and
Peter is working on others), Transportation = NO (waiting for completion
of worksheets)

However while work is progressing in most areas we could try to connect
them by adopting a common scenario/case study.  In other words it would
be much more meaningful to have the supplier of the goods in the
instances to also be the consignor and the same items on the Order
becoming goods on the Waybill.  The process may look something like the
attached diagram.

To avoid confusion it may be better to call this a "Sample Subset"
(although it would contain the SBS subset for procurement).

This way we not only get a consistent set of deliverables but the
examples connect together.

Any thoughts?

--
regards
tim mcgrath

DOCUMENT ENGINEERING: Analyzing and Designing Documents for Business Informatics and Web Services
http://www.docengineering.com/

JPEG image