OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

ubl message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: Minutes of Pacific UBL TC call 27|28 March 2006

00:30 - 02:30 UTC TUESDAY 28 MARCH 2006


   Jon Bosak (chair)
   Stephen Green
   G. Ken Holman
   Tim McGrath (vice chair)
   Andy Schoka
   Sylvia Webb


   Additions to the calendar:

      ACTION: JB to find meeting facilities in Montreal for August

      SW: Suggest checking with Ed Buchinski.

   Liaison report: Tax XML TC

      SW: Monthly meeting this coming Thursday.  Check back next
      week to see about the arrangements that ML has made WRT

      ACTION: JB to contact OGC again regarding ML's continuing

   Subcommittee report: SBSC

      ACTION: JB to request OASIS to set up the ballot for
      approval of 1.0 SBS as an OASIS Committee Specification.

      ACTION: SG to send pointer to the file to advance to CS.

   Liaison report: UN/CEFACT

      JB/TM: UBL reps met with their counterparts in UN/CEFACT
      TBG1, TBG3, TBG19, and TMG at the UN/CEFACT Forum meeting in
      Vancouver 13-17 March.  Significant progress was made in
      collaborating with these groups and moving toward
      convergence at the working group level.  TMG has agreed to
      review UBL 2.0 with regard to CCTS 2.01 and tell us what (if
      anything) needs to be done to ensure compliance.  UBL 2.0
      will serve for implementation verification of CCTS 2.02.  TM
      presented on UBL at a Lunch & Learn session.

      The U.S. Department of Transportation (USDOT) briefed TBG3
      on their Electronic Freight Management Initiative, a pilot
      of which is scheduled to take place later this year.  The
      pilot, which will involve two Chinese apparel manufacturers,
      two freight forwarders, an air cargo terminal operator, two
      charter air carriers, a buyer, a U.S. 3PL, and an import
      broker, will use UBL Despatch Advice, UBL Bill of Lading,
      and a new transport message that USDOT will contribute to

      JB/TM met several times in Vancouver with UN/CEFACT Forum
      and Bureau leadership to find acceptable language regarding
      the possible transition of the UBL work to UN/CEFACT.  A
      draft that we believe to be the best that can be achieved is
      now under consideration by OASIS management and the FMG; if
      they believe that our respective memberships can accept it,
      that draft will be placed before the UBL TC for its
      consideration (at which point it becomes publicly visible).

      JB/TM reported on this progress to the ISO IEC ITU UN/ECE
      eBusiness MoU Management Group 20-21 March; the report was
      well received.

      TM/SW attended the ISO TC154 meeting 20-24 March and briefed
      that group on our pogress.  TC154 has accepted a proposal to
      establish a working group for ebXML CCTS (ISO 15000-5).

   Liaison report: X12

      JB/SW: X12 chair Dan Kazzaz presented at a Lunch & Learn
      during the Vancouver UN/CEFACT meeting.  JB and TM met with
      Dan over lunch; nothing significant to report.

   Subcommittee report: HISC

      GKH: HISC has met a couple of times since the last TC call.
      ZR is modifying output forms to the new specifications.  JB
      has provided the URL for the new UN Trade Facilitation
      Toolkit and Forms Repository (unece.unog.ch/etrade).  The
      appeal for business experts to help with XPath addresses has
      met with zero response.  SG is helping with the candidate
      catalog docs, but assistance is needed from our Danish

   Team report: Code Lists

      ACTION: JB to user-test GKH's draft 0.4 (see mail of 20 Feb
      with pointer to the repository).

   Subcommittee report: PSC

      SW: Held meeting today; reviewed latest comments plus those
      from JPLSC, identified AIs for time to update list and
      contact a submitter.  There is no place for disposition in
      the online form, so we will ask BH to produce a master
      spreadsheet which we will then maintain till complete, then
      make a web form in which disposition will be recorded.
      Comments from TSC will be incorporated next week.

      ACTION: SW to contact BH to produce an issues spreadsheet
      for use in categorizing issues.

   Subcommittee report: TSC

      AS: Last week's meeting was rescheduled for this Wed/Thu.

   Schedule review

      JB: We appear to be OK at the moment.


   JB and GKH held a brief ad hoc discussion of a way to approach
   customization.  JB is leaning toward acceptance of the Danish
   request for extension points and is still on the hook to
   produce a proposal for the team appointed by the TC.

   Relevant public comment:



   ACTION: JB to fit this into the support package schedule: add
   lines for PSC example instances, TSC example instances, 2.0 SBS
   for transport, UBP 2 for procurement, UBP 2 for transport.


   ACTION: JB to ballot 2.0 SBS for procurement and UBP 2 for


Jon Bosak

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]