ubl message

Subject: RE: [ubl] Comments to NDR Draft and Checklist

Greetings,

I believe the original intent for the wording of ELD8 was to capture situations like the following:

    StreetName and AdditionalStreetName would both be of type "StreetNameType"
    WeightMeasure and ChargeableWeightMeasure would both be of type "WeightMeasuretype"
    CustomsValueAmount and DeclaredCustomsValueAmount would both be of type "CustomsValueAmount"

Regardless of the intent, this is not the way it is currently being done. If there is general agreement to the proposed changes, I have no objection.

Thanks,
Mike

-----Original Message-----
From: Sylvia Webb [mailto:swebb@gefeg.com]
Sent: Friday, 31 March 2006 1354
To: ubl@lists.oasis-open.org
Cc: 'Mavis Cournane'
Subject: [ubl] Comments to NDR Draft and Checklist

Mavis,

I rechecked with David Kruppke and he in fact did have one comment about the latest NDR draft document.

It concernes the rules for BBIE elements and types.

There are contradictions between these rules: CTD3,CTN2,ELD8,ELN4.

CTD3 says: For every BBIE property a global complexType should be created.
CTN2 says: The name of these types must be of property term, qualifiers and representation term.

This means, that for every BBIE including the qualified ones a complexType should be created. And this is correct.

ELD8 says: The global element for a qualified BBIE has to be based on the complexType for the "unqualified" BBIE.

This is wrong: It has to be based on the complexType for the "qualified"
BBIE.

Because ELD8 is wrong, ELN4 says the name of a global element for a qualified BBIE has to be the same name as the undelying complexType prefixed by the qualifier and "Type" removed.

If this element would be based on the complexType for a qualified BBIE then the term "prefixed by the qualifier" had to be removed.

Regards,
Sylvia