[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]
Subject: Minutes UBL Atlantic call April 26 2006
Dear all below are the minutes of the Atlantic Call. Regards Mavis -------------- 0. Roll call Mike Grimley Tony Coates Sylvia Webb Zarella Rendon Betty Harvey Stephen Green Mavis Cournane Peter Borresen 1 STANDING ITEMS Additions to the calendar: http://ibiblio.org/bosak/ubl/calendar.htm From Sylvia: 17th and 18th TaxXML F2F in Madrid. Sylvia will attend. 2. Review of Pacific call Schedule review http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/200602/msg00107.html Deferred 3. UN/UBL PROPOSAL The UN/UBL proposal has been discussed at length in the UBL TC calls. Our concerns regarding government adoption have been allayed by the statement issued by NES. Our conclusion is that we welcome and accept the proposal as put forward by Tim McGrath to the UBL List. 4. BRUSSELS UBL TC MEETING PB: NES would like to present to the UBL TC on the 25th May in Brussels about their work. Action: Jon to send out strawman agenda and add this to it. 5. ACTION ITEM REVIEW ACTION: Northern European, Asian, and other government stakeholders need to tell us this week whether the level of recognition seen in the draft agreement is enough to make them feel comfortable moving ahead with UBL 2 adoption. Status: Resolved ACTION: MC to contact LSCs for reports. Status: Resolved ACTION: PB to check out facilities for our May meeting in Brussels on his visit to CEN/CENELEC 11 April. Status: PB Awaiting confirmation. It will be either the Hilton or the Radisson 6. NDR WORK SESSION Extension: MG: The priority is getting the rules right. We broke the rules out in to two separate rules. Rule 1 is the complex type definition. Two options were provided.Option 2 is the NDR editors preference. The xsd:Any element must not be used EXCEPT within the UBL extension type definition. Agreed Rule 2 - THe UBL extension element must only be declared following the UBL version element. Agreed Attributes are not allowed. What Brian proposed is Danish metadata and should be in their own customisation and should be in elements. 7. Code lists: A. Sylvia worried about qDT schema. B. Tim states that uDT is no longer needed. SG: PSC decided on a methodology. URLs will be used for genericode components within spreadsheets. Current proposal is to use a relative location for the URLs. The following 3 things are needed. 1. Need a place for the genericode list. 2. Need to add further code for transport. 3. NDR need attributes but don't want the attributes fixed in the schema to be default. Actions: SG send list of attributes. Discussed through email and for decision on Wednesday's Atlantic call. SW: does not understand why enumerations in genericode list in the qDT unless they are restrictions. A qDT is a restriction on the base list on the uDT. 7. OTHER BUSINESS - Final Date for adding new content Sylvia wants a cut off date for adding new content. Coming out of the public review Sylvia suggests that this forms a future content release. Suggestions coming out of the public review are so extensive that they would radically change the current content. It is only the base UBL messages and Library that is the concern here. Proposed: Any content not on the public review content sheet will not be part of the UBL 2.0 content package without prior agreement of the entire UBL TC. The PSC will need to follow this process.