ubl message

Subject: RE: [ubl] Missing Schema Annotations and other schema matters

Stephen,

Unique Identifiers are mandatory per the NDR. See the DOC "X" rules. They
are also mandatory in CCTS.

They were not included in the first public review schema because we had
decided not to include them in UBL 1.0, and, GEFEG was not given enough time
to include them after we decided to do so for UBL 2.0.

Unique Identifiers will be in the data models and auto generated in the
schema for the next public review.

With respect to the extension point, I would suggest that you read the CTD
and GXS rules in the last NDR draft to determine if your questions are
answered.

Regards,
Sylvia

-----Original Message-----
From: stephen.green@systml.co.uk [mailto:stephen.green@systml.co.uk]
Sent: Thursday, May 18, 2006 7:33 AM
To: ubl@lists.oasis-open.org

Folks

Hi. Just becoming aware of some possibly outstanding matters needing
resolution before prd2 schemas can be generated (?)

Did we not decide to have version info in each complex type?
   - we have this in the spreadsheets but it doesn't appear in
     the schemas for the first prd

What was decided about UIDs for each complex type? It has just come up on
ubl-dev http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl-dev/200605/msg00247.html
and it may be we were inaccurate in thinking this might be added when to
documents are entered into an ebXML registry. It seems they should be in
schemas in the first place and some things might depend on them being being
there in CCTS-compliant schemas

A third item which may need resolving is how the extension point element is
added. Do we have a firm decision (discussion is going on on ubl-dev about
this too
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl-dev/200605/threads.html#00243 )

Regarding the issues list, I'm unclear about what is intended with the
Extension ABIE mentioned. Will this be an extension point itself or just
metadata about the use of the extension point? Hopefully the latter
(otherwise there would be CCTS-compliance problems of course).

Steve