ubl message

Subject: Scheduling actions for collaboration with UN/CEFACT

In the minutes of UBL TC Plenary Brussels May 23 2006, Mavis Cournane wrote:

> 2. The UBL TC should review the UBL 2.0 timing plan along with Tim's
> next step documents and identify appropriate time slots for the
> migration activities that will not impact the timing of 2.0.

last week i sent the revised document
(http://www.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/200605/msg00071.html) to this
list and requested comments by this weekend.  I have received none and
so will proceed with the next request which was the apply these tasks to
the UBL timeline in such a way as to not impact on delivery of UBL 2.0.

this expanded timeline is attached to this email (rows 45-55 are new
additions to the combined normative and supplementary tasks).

> 3. For each work item on the plan, UBL should solicit formal UBL
> Liaisions to participate in each of the activities. These should be
> empowered to work on behalf of the TC and should report back.

I would ask you to review this timeline and if you are able, please
indicate your nomination for being part of the official UBL team
responsible for each item.

So far I have informally had interest from:
* Martin Forsberg and Stephen Green for the TBG1 stream,
* Kama and myself for the TBG3 stream,
* Myself for the CCTS stream,
* Kama and myself for the UN/eDocs stream,
* Tony Coates for the ICG code lists stream,
* Stephen Green for the TBG19 stream,
and
* Stephen Green (maybe?) for the Context Methodology stream

Based on the timeframes given, anyone else who wishes to participate in
these actions should email the list (or me personally) before Friday
June 2nd.  I will then submit final nominations for the approval of the
entire TC.  I suspect this will need to be an email election over this
following week - as we normally do with formal liaisons.

> 4. The UBL TC should inform CEFACT as soon as decided on timeframes to
> participate in the TBG1 alignment activities and the CCTS alignment
> activities.

I suggest we try to finalize this discussion during the TC conference
calls in week commencing June 12th so we can formally notify CEFACT
during that week.

--
regards
tim mcgrath