ubl message

Subject: RE: [ubl] Extension

Hi David,

To my knowledge, there is no customization methodology ready for UBL yet
so these questions are still to be answered. From my point of view, the
most important thing is that the xml-instance is valid to the
UBL-schemas, also when they are created based on a subset-schema.

So the NDR rule would be something like: "The Extension ASBIE MAY be
added..." where the MAY is implemented as a button in Gefeg.FX?

Regards,
Martin

-----Original Message-----
From: David Kruppke [mailto:kruppke@gefeg.com]
Sent: den 30 maj 2006 21:06
To: Martin Forsberg; Peter Borresen; ubl@lists.oasis-open.org
Cc: allem@wmdata.com
Subject: AW: [ubl] Extension

Hi Martin,

> It might be that we are talking about different things here. When I
> say a profiled schema I mean a restricted version of a UBL-schema (or
> a UBL-model - Restricted perhaps from Gefeg.FX). I want the
> xml-instances to be conformant to UBL, but I also want the
> xml-instances to be generated from a subset of UBL. The profiled
> schema must have the same namespace as UBL.
Do the profiled schemas match the same xml instances as the original
schemas? I think, if not they should have a different namespace. Maybe
it is better to use the original schemas and to describe the
restrictions in a documentation and/or some schematron statements.

>If I use a tool (like yours) to create my profiled  schema based on the

>UBL-models, wouldn't the NDR-rule create the  Extension[0..1]
>automatically?
Then we invent a button to avoid the automatic creation of these
extensions.

Best regards,

David