ubl message

Subject: Re: [ubl] Namespace URI string implications

Hello thank you for the answer,

I am sorry when I assert something or make a questions please understand I
could miss something from past discussions, I am new to this.

I think the namespaceURI is the right way to identify a new version or a
new information item, but about keeping the documentElement namespaceURI
across UBL versions I get a little worried.

The filter-before-validation is a good solution to let the previous scene
work but I understand it works on new items only, what about overridden
ones (changed version) ?

I understand that an UBL cross-version compatibility could be nice the
price should not be the complexity.

I remember UBL promise is to be a simpler, stronger solution than past B2B
standards, I think complexity could exclude both little softwarehouses and
customers.

I still think the best way is to give the instruments to easyly upgrade
UBL versions (XSLT) and have a precise namespaceURI for each document.

When business partners agreements are configured with a precise UBL
version why they have to change ? They should upgrate both to a newer
version I think.

Thank you, it is just my opinion.

Best regards

UBL ITLSC