ubl message

Subject: Re: SV: SV: SV: [ubl] Revised discussion paper on UBL 2.0 subsets, extensions, versions, validation and interchange

At 2006-06-20 14:41 +0200, Bryan  Rasmussen wrote:
> >I'm pleased to see your intuition was correct regarding Microsoft's
>processor.
>Well the intuition was that it was non-deterministic, XSV reports the schema
>as non-deterministic but does not declare it as an error. I find that rather
>strange actually.

Indeed.

> >I just ran your example
> >above with the MultiSchema Validator (MSV) from
> >Sun and it also accepts the above example with zero errors.
>
>I was under the impression that MSV used Xerces for the XSV parts.

Ah ... that would explain the correlation ... in
the past I had differing interpretations of
schemata between MSV and Xerces, so I had not
made the connection.  I knew Xerces was being
used to read RNG files, but I didn't think Xerces
was being used for the validation bits ... I thought that was custom MSV code.

Thanks again, Bryan, for the demonstrative examples.

--
Registration open for UBL training:    Montréal, Canada 2006-08-07
Also for XSL-FO/XSLT training:    Minneapolis, MN 2006-07-31/08-04