ubl message

Subject: SV: [ubl] Re: Proposed withdrawal of my NDR suggestions for ABIE extensibility

Dear TC

From the Danish point of with we have no requirement saying that we should be
able to do a minor version without changing the schema. We have a requirement
for having a placeholder (extension) for holding stuff until we can do a
minor version change.

Kind regards

Peter

-----Oprindelig meddelelse-----
Fra: jon.bosak@sun.com [mailto:jon.bosak@sun.com]
Sendt: 20. juni 2006 18:38
Til: ubl@lists.oasis-open.org
Emne: [ubl] Re: Proposed withdrawal of my NDR suggestions for ABIE
extensibility

[gkholman@CraneSoftwrights.com:]

| I now do not see a way of providing minor version extensibility
| using W3C Schema syntax.

A very significant finding, and one that makes this whole
conversation well worth the trouble, though people who believe
that W3C Schema came from heaven borne by seraphim will probably
find this conclusion more disturbing than I do.

| Thanks again to the feedback regarding my
| straw-man proposal for versioning ... it has
| helped me understand a lot, and I hope it was
| considered constructive even if it has to be removed.

I'd be less than honest if I didn't admit to a certain sense of
relief at seeing this issue removed from the agenda, but I think
that the entire XML community owes Ken a huge debt of gratitude
for working through it.  I look forward to reviewing the revised
paper (and the thread that led up to today's message) once we're
past the next couple of weeks of release package preparation.

Jon