ubl message

Subject: Re: ABIEs reference table and others to UBL V2.0 WD5

Peter is about to take leave for a month so I will respond.

thank you very much. this is an amazing piece of work. what i now
realize is that these tables perfectly complement the view given by the
UML class diagrams. i am redrawing these UML diagrams to describe the
'children' of each ABIE, so this will be your 'used in' tables in
diagram form. you have made my work a lot easier.

also, what you have defined in the reference table are the 'parents'.
Jon and I will work on how to best incorporate this into the index.html
and package structure.

i also have some responses to your comments...

Yukinori Saito wrote:

>2. Comments to UBL V2.0 and WD5
>In the procedures of making these files, I have noticed the following
>comments to UBL V2.0 and WD5.
>2.1 Spreadsheet
>I think that the following findings are inconsistency in the spreadsheets.
>If these are any kinds of errors, please revise these items.
>(1) DocumentResponse (ABIE)
>There is DocumentResponse (ABIE) in the Common Library.
>However, there is no business documents nor ABIEs in the Common Library
>which are referring to the DocumentResponse (ABIE).

I think the new ApplicationResponse document type uses the
DocumentResponse ABIE.

>(2) CatalogueRequestLine (ABIE)
>There is  CatalogueRequestLine (ABIE) in the Common Library.
>However, there is no business documents nor ABIEs in the Common Library
>which are referring to the CatalogueRequestLine (ABIE).

I agree, this seems to have been replaced bu q aulified CatalogueLine
known as RequestedCatalogueLine. we should remove it from the library.

>(3) Signature (ASBIE) in the business documents
>Almost business documents have Signature (ASBIE) in the document contents.
>However, the following business documents have no Signature (ASBIE) in the
>document contents.
>- Cotalogue Request

i think this is correct as this is not a document worthy of formal
authentication.

>- Certificate of Origin

this actually has several Signatures, both under the
CertificateOfOriginApplication (ABIE) and the various Endorsement
(ABIEs). so while the whole document is not signed, the constituent
parts are. i think this suits the requirements. for example, the
business process for this document type would make it hard the digitally
sign the entire document.

>2.2 index.html (UBL main specification )
>As you know, the following two business document types added recently.
>- Reminder
>- Transportation Status
>Please, revise index.html to match the spreadsheets.

thnaks for reminding us, Jon is working on this.

>Best Regards,
>Yukinori Saito
>Yukinori Saito
>Fuji Electric Information Service Co., Ltd. (FIS)
>e-mail: saito-yukinori@fujielectric.co.jp
>Tel: +81-3-5435-7333     Fax: +81-3-5435-7513

regards
tim mcgrath
phone: +618 93352228
web: http://www.portcomm.com.au/tmcgrath