ubl message

Subject: Re: [ubl] Apprvd. Acrynm & Abbrv. upd8?

I have a question about "XPath".  Is this an abbreviation?

Tim McGrath wrote:
thats fine, consider my list the start of this.  another point is that the entries in the NDR are incorrect and stale - shouldn't we just remove them?

Grimley Michael J NPRI wrote:
The decision was made some time ago that the list would be managed, outside of NDR, by the TC as a whole. as stated in Appendix B of the latest draft:

"This list will henceforth be maintained by the UBL TC as a committee of the whole, and additions included in current and future versions of the UBL standard will be maintained and published separately."

From: Tim McGrath [mailto:tmcgrath@portcomm.com.au]
Sent: Thursday, 06 July 2006 0421
To: ubl@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: [ubl] Apprvd. Acrynm & Abbrv. upd8?

Can't remember where we left this but having gone through the latest schemas i think we need to update it in the NDR drafts.
<>
The following Acronyms and Abbreviations have been approved by the UBL NDR
Subcommittee for UBL use:
* A Dun & Bradstreet Data Universal Numbering System (DUNS) number must appear as "DUNS".
* "Identifier" must appear as "ID".
* "Uniform Resource Identifier" must appear as "URI"
* [Example] the "Uniform Resource. Identifier" portion of the Binary Object. Uniform Resource. Identifier supplementary component becomes "URI" in the resulting XML name). The use of URI for Uniform Resource Identifier takes precedence over the use of "ID" for "Identifier".

my list (based on what we actually have) has:
* "Uniform Resource Identifier" must appear as "URI"
* "Universally Unique Identifier"  must appear as "UUID"
* "United Nations Dangerous Goods"  must appear as "UNDG"
* "Credit Card Verification Numbering System"  must appear as "CV2"

NB the Identifer to ID is covered by another rule and only applies when Identifier is a Representation Term.  not quite the same as the rest.

--
regards
tim mcgrath