ubl message

Subject: CurrencyCodeContentType and CurrencyCodeType issues

In the Pacific call last night, there were two
actions that I'm working on now regarding our
issue that we have two currency code lists, one
called CurrencyCodeContentType and one called
CurrencyCodeType.  From a user's perspective,
both of these should be constrained by a single
expression of constraints ... so I was tasked
with mapping the two to be the same set of constraints:

At 2006-07-17 22:06 -0400, I wrote:
>(1a) - yes, map "?ContentType" to "?Type"

This is not proving to be very easy at all.  In
uDT there is no meta data in support of
attributes specifying the use of UN/CEFACT code
lists ... yet in qDT there is meta data in
support of elements specifying the use of UBL code lists.

Mapping the UN/CEFACT-based
CurrencyCodeContentType to the UBL-based
CurrencyCodeType will result in checking
non-existent code list meta data for currencyID=
... which thankfully isn't the problem as this is
benign.  But it impacts on the following actions:

>     - ACTION: GKH - change listSchemeURI in XSD for CurrencyCode to
>                     match UN/CEFACT for CurrencyCodeType
>     - ACTION: TM  - change listSchemeURI in spreadsheets for CurrencyCode
>                     to match UN/CEFACT for CurrencyCodeTYpe

Since there is no listSchemeURI for UN/CEFACT
code lists I think the above action is incorrect
and I think we need to use what is already in the
XSD created from the qDT today so the spreadsheet
and XSD does not have to change in the above regard.

However, one thing does have to change in the spreadsheets:

>     - ACTION: SW - confirm that listVersionID for UN/CEFACT currency list
>                    is 2001

The above is a change to qDT so I will add the
above to my massaging stylesheet as a
modification to the CurrencyCode declarations here is what is there now:

   <xsd:complexType name="CurrencyCodeType">
     <xsd:simpleContent>
       <xsd:extension base="xsd:normalizedString">
         <xsd:attribute name="listID" type="xsd:normalizedString"
                        fixed="ISO 4217 Alpha" use="optional"/>
         <xsd:attribute name="listAgencyID" type="xsd:normalizedString"
                        fixed="6" use="optional"/>
         <xsd:attribute name="listAgencyName" type="xsd:string"
    fixed="United Nations Economic Commission for Europe" use="optional"/>
         <xsd:attribute name="listName" type="xsd:string"
                        fixed="Currency" use="optional"/>
         <xsd:attribute name="listVersionID" type="xsd:normalizedString"
                        fixed="0.3" use="optional"/>
         <xsd:attribute name="name" type="xsd:string" use="optional"/>
         <xsd:attribute name="languageID" type="xsd:language" fixed="en"
                        use="optional"/>
         <xsd:attribute name="listURI" type="xsd:anyURI" use="optional"/>
         <xsd:attribute name="listSchemeURI" type="xsd:anyURI"
fixed="urn:oasis:names:specification:ubl:codelist:gc:CurrencyCode-2.0"
                        use="optional"/>
       </xsd:extension>
     </xsd:simpleContent>
   </xsd:complexType>

So I think the only change to the above is the
fixed="0.3" becomes default="2001" per Sylvia's
input from last night (all of the fixed= are
becoming default= as per other decisions).

Does anyone have a problem with this?  I'll
reflect this change (along with the xsd:schema
version= change) when producing new massaged
schemas from the latest GEFEG schemas that I've downloading from:

  http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/document.php?document_id=19156

Thanks!

--
Registration open for UBL training:    Montréal, Canada 2006-08-07
Also for XSL-FO/XSLT training:    Minneapolis, MN 2006-07-31/08-04