ubl message

Subject: Re: [ubl] Genericode files and URIs naming rules

At 2006-08-30 17:54 +0200, roberto@javest.com wrote:
>about the genericode filenames please note I also removed the word "Type"
>in my sample, this to reflect the same name used on the URI.
>
>AccountTypeCodeType.gc  (now)
>
>AccountTypeCode-2.0.gc  (proposed)
>

>Ken, could you please evaluate this too ?

I agree, Roberto.  And Tony has brought up the
issue that XSD data types are already assumed in
genericode so we don't need the namespace declaration.

To summarize a particular example that I'll edit
here by hand but will automate as required ... I
have two examples below ... PaymentMeansCode
(from qDT) and TaxLevelCode (delivered empty).

Currently:  PaymentMeansCodeType.gc

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<gc:CodeList xmlns:gc="http://genericode.org/2006/ns/CodeList/0.4/";
xsi:schemaLocation="http://genericode.org/2006/ns/CodeList/0.4/ CodeList.xsd">
    <Identification>
       <ShortName xml:lang="en">PaymentMeansCode</ShortName>
       <LongName xml:lang="en">Payment Means Code</LongName>
       <Version>2</Version>
       <CanonicalUri>urn:oasis:names:specification:ubl:schema:xsd:PaymentMeansCode</CanonicalUri>
       <CanonicalVersionUri>urn:oasis:names:specification:ubl:schema:xsd:PaymentMeansCode-2</CanonicalVersionUri>
       <Agency>
          <LongName xml:lang="en">Universal Business Language</LongName>
          <Identifier>UBL</Identifier>
       </Agency>
    </Identification>
    <ColumnSet>
       <Column Id="code" Use="required">
          <ShortName>Code</ShortName>
          <Data Type="xsd:normalizedString"/>
       </Column>
       <Column Id="name" Use="optional">
          <ShortName>Name</ShortName>
          <Data Type="xsd:string"/>
       </Column>
       <Key Id="codeKey">
          <ShortName>CodeKey</ShortName>
          <ColumnRef Ref="code"/>
       </Key>
    </ColumnSet>

Proposed:  PaymentMeansCode-2.0.gc

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<gc:CodeList xmlns:gc="http://genericode.org/2006/ns/CodeList/0.4/";>
    <Identification>
       <ShortName xml:lang="en">UN/ECE 4461</ShortName>
       <LongName xml:lang="en">Payment Means</LongName>
       <Version>D03A</Version>
       <CanonicalUri>http://docs.oasis-open.org/ubl/os-ubl-2.0/cl/gc/default/PaymentMeansCode-2.0.gc</CanonicalUri>
       <CanonicalVersionUri>urn:oasis:names:specification:ubl:codelist:gc:PaymentMeansCode-2.0</CanonicalVersionUri>
       <Agency>
          <LongName xml:lang="en">United Nations
Economic Commission for Europe</LongName>
          <Identifier>6</Identifier>
       </Agency>
    </Identification>
    <ColumnSet>
       <Column Id="code" Use="required">
          <ShortName>Code</ShortName>
          <Data Type="normalizedString"/>
       </Column>
       <Column Id="name" Use="optional">
          <ShortName>Name</ShortName>
          <Data Type="string"/>
       </Column>
       <Key Id="codeKey">
          <ShortName>CodeKey</ShortName>
          <ColumnRef Ref="code"/>
       </Key>
    </ColumnSet>

BUT!!  Attention Tony Coates:  I just realized
there is a problem ... according to genericode
the ShortName is a name token and not a
normalized string.  The qDT file has "UN/ECE
4461" for the listID value, and UBL 2.0 declares
that listID is a normalizedString, not a name
token.  For metadata checking I need the
genericode file to have the listID value in order
to be checked, so it looks like for UBL 2.0 I
have to violate the genericode 0.4 constraints in
order to have the correct value there.  This will
be an issue for the support package, but for a
handful of genericode files in UBL 2.0 they will
not be able to pass genericode 0.4 XSD
validation.  I'm hoping genericode 1.0 XSD will
allow normalized strings for the short name so
this constraint won't be violated.

Currently: TaxLevelCodeType.gc

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?><!--
   Synthesized metadata-only genericode file for: TaxLevelCodeType
-->
<gc:CodeList
xmlns:gc="http://genericode.org/2006/ns/CodeList/0.4/";
xsi:schemaLocation="http://genericode.org/2006/ns/CodeList/0.4/ CodeList.xsd">
    <Identification>
       <ShortName>Tax Level</ShortName>
       <LongName>Tax Level</LongName>
       <Version>2</Version>
       <CanonicalUri>urn:oasis:names:specification:ubl:schema:xsd:TaxLevelCodeType</CanonicalUri>
       <CanonicalVersionUri>urn:oasis:names:specification:ubl:schema:xsd:TaxLevelCodeType-2</CanonicalVersionUri>
       <Agency>
          <LongName xml:lang="en">OASIS Universal Business Language</LongName>
          <Identifier>UBL</Identifier>
       </Agency>
    </Identification>
    <ColumnSet>
       <Column Id="code" Use="required">
          <ShortName>Code</ShortName>
          <Data Type="xsd:normalizedString"/>
       </Column>
       <Column Id="name" Use="optional">
          <ShortName>Name</ShortName>
          <Data Type="xsd:string"/>
       </Column>
       <Key Id="codeKey">
          <ShortName>CodeKey</ShortName>
          <ColumnRef Ref="code"/>
       </Key>
    </ColumnSet>

Proposed: TaxLevelCode-2.0.gc

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?><!--
   Synthesized metadata-only genericode file for: TaxLevelCodeType
-->
<gc:CodeList xmlns:gc="http://genericode.org/2006/ns/CodeList/0.4/";>
    <Identification>
       <ShortName>Tax Level</ShortName>
       <LongName>Tax Level</LongName>
       <Version>2.0</Version>
       <CanonicalUri>http://docs.oasis-open.org/ubl/os-ubl-2.0/cl/gc/default/TaxLevelCode-2.0.gc</CanonicalUri>
       <CanonicalVersionUri>urn:oasis:names:specification:ubl:schema:xsd:TaxLevelCodeType-2.0</CanonicalVersionUri>
       <Agency>
          <LongName xml:lang="en">OASIS Universal Business Language</LongName>
          <Identifier>UBL</Identifier>
       </Agency>
    </Identification>
    <ColumnSet>
       <Column Id="code" Use="required">
          <ShortName>Code</ShortName>
          <Data Type="normalizedString"/>
       </Column>
       <Column Id="name" Use="optional">
          <ShortName>Name</ShortName>
          <Data Type="string"/>
       </Column>
       <Key Id="codeKey">
          <ShortName>CodeKey</ShortName>
          <ColumnRef Ref="code"/>
       </Key>
    </ColumnSet>

Tony, same issue above ... I've been using a
normalized string for the short name.

Can anyone else see any problems with the values
used in the two examples above of proposed changes to genericode files?

Does it make sense that the Agency information is
"OASIS Universal Business Language" with the
identifier "UBL", or should it be "Organization
for the Advancement of Structured Information
Standards" with the identifier "OASIS"?  I think
what we have with UBL is acceptable because it is
the OASIS TC that is the agency and not just
OASIS, but I thought I better check.

>Thank you for all your explanations !

Thank you for your much-valued feedback, Roberto!

--
UBL/XML/XSLT/XSL-FO training: Vårø, Denmark 2006-10-02/06,11-20/24
UBL International 2006  2006-11-13/17 http://www.ublconference.com