ubl message

Subject: SV: [ubl] Comments on (and questions about) latest schemas and spreadsheets

Hi Mike

Thanks for your valuable comments.

Why should UBLVersionID be optional? I thought we agree to make it mandatory
so every instance uses this version method. This was said in the actionlist
for PRD3. To my opinion this was THE change that could argue for going into
PRD3. I guess the NDR and the model has crossed eachother on this point. I
think we will have to debate this issue on the Atlantic call later today.

/Peter

-----Oprindelig meddelelse-----
Fra: Grimley Michael J NPRI [mailto:GrimleyMJ@Npt.NUWC.Navy.Mil]
Sendt: 5. september 2006 22:58
Til: UBL List (ubl@lists.oasis-open.org)
Emne: [ubl] Comments on (and questions about) latest schemas and
spreadsheets

CBC:

    Truncation issues:
        <xsd:element name="DirectionCodeDirectionCode"
type="DirectionCodeDirectionCodeType"/>
        <xsd:element name="TransitDirectionCodeDirectionCode"
type="TransitDirectionCodeDirectionCodeType"/>
        <xsd:element name="TimingComplaintCodeCode"
type="TimingComplaintCodeCodeType"/>

In document schemas:

    'UBLVersionID' should be optional. ([VER15] Every UBL document schema
MUST declare an optional element named "UBLVersionID" immediately following
the optional 'UBL Extensions' element.)

Common Library Spreadsheet:

    Card Account. CV2. Identifier: Is "CV2" the UBL-approved acronym for
"Card Verification Value"?
    Hazardous Item. UNDG Code. Code: Is "UNDG" a UBL-approved acronym?

    A few questions:
        Is there a reason for the use of the Representation Term "Numeric"
instead of "Quantity" for "Goods Item. Quantity. Numeric"?
        Is there a reason for the use of the Representation Term "Numeric"
instead of "Quantity" for "Maximum_ Copies. Numeric" defined as "Specifies
the maximum number of copies of the document that the user can print."?
        Is there a reason for the use of the Representation Term "Numeric"
instead of "Percent" for "Status. Percent. Numeric" defined as "Specifies the
maximum number of copies of the document that the user can print."?

Thanks,
Mike