ubl message

Subject: Re: [ubl] Groups - PRD3 Schema generation Final (UBL 2.0_PRD3_8.zip)uploaded

I endorse Sylvia's decision.  We decided several weeks ago to
allow PSC to drive this part of the process, and I'm satisfied
that this is as close to a definitive finding as we're likely to
get at this point.

It also seems to me (without any deep understanding of the issue,
but speaking on sound general principles) that it's best to make
an information item that's only usable in a subset of the use
cases optional rather than mandatory.  It's easy enough for a more
context-specific profile to make the item mandatory for users of
that profile.

If I don't hear a real good reason to reverse this decision in
today's Pacific TC call, these latest schemas and models are the
ones that will go out in PRD3.

Jon

   Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2006 19:45:12 +0000
   From: swebb@gefeg.com

   Dear TC Members,
   The PSC received comments from TC members highlighting potential
   implementation issues with making Item mandatory in the CreditNote and
   DebitNote.

   Unfortunately, the PSC has run out of time for extended debate on this
   issue. It is critical that PRD3 be released for public review to meet the
   needs of major stakeholder groups.

   After careful consideration of all comments received, I as PSC Co-Chair
   have decided to reverse the change to make Item mandatory in the CreditNote
   and DebitNote.

   Interested parties may submit further comments on this issue directly to
   the UBL TC list, or using instructions provided with the Public Review
   package, which should be available within the next several days.

    -- Ms. Sylvia Webb*

   The document revision named PRD3 Schema generation Final (UBL
   2.0_PRD3_8.zip) has been submitted by Ms. Sylvia Webb* to the OASIS
   Universal Business Language (UBL) TC document repository.  This document is
   revision #5 of PRD3 schema test 2.zip.

   Document Description:
   This update reverses the change previously made to make Item mandatory in
   the CreditNote and DebitNote documents.

   The file contains,
   schemas in xsd
   schemas with out annotaions in xsd rt
   spreadsheets in mod
   ZEF file for GEFEG users

   View Document Details:
   http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/ubl/document.php?document_id=20249

   Download Document:
   http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/ubl/download.php/20249/UBL%202.0_PRD3_8.zip

   Revision:
   This document is revision #5 of PRD3 schema test 2.zip.  The document
   details page referenced above will show the complete revision history.

   -OASIS Open Administration