ubl message

Subject: Minutes of Pacific UBL TC call 18|19 September 2006

MINUTES OF PACIFIC UBL TC MEETING
00:30 - 02:30 UTC TUESDAY 19 SEPTEMBER 2006

ATTENDANCE

   Jon Bosak (chair)
   G. Ken Holman
   Andy Schoka
   Sylvia Webb

STANDING ITEMS

   Additions to the calendar:
      http://ibiblio.org/bosak/ubl/calendar.htm

      JB: Note that our meeting dates are now pretty firm.  In
      particular, we have confirmed dates for the November meeting
      in Singapore, which will be hosted by CrimsonLogic with the
      support of the Information Technology Standards Committee of
      Singapore.

   Liaison report: Tax XML TC

      SW: The WG met today.  They confirmed a final decision on
      providing documentation to UBL by mid-November, but right
      now this looks unlikely due to unexpectedly high stakeholder
      interest in their current project.  Will send a message to
      the list immediately after the Tax XML TC meeting the first
      week in October.

   Liaison report: X12

      SW: The f2f is next week.

   Subcommittee report: PSC

      ACTION: SW to arrange a PSC meeting to dispose of the
      nonsubstantive spreadsheet issues previously listed:

         http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/200609/msg00108.html

   Subcommittee report: TSC

      AS: Meeting scheduled for Friday (sg time); will work on
      scenarios.

      JB: Will have to be in next week to make UBL 2.0 (otherwise
      will go in the Support Package).

   Review of Atlantic call

      No comments.

PRD3 COORDINATION

   qDT

      ACTION: SW to send JB and GKH the revised qDT schema
      module. [Done]

      ACTION: GKH to send JB the rebuilt cl directory. [Done; no
      changes]

   ASN.1

      JB: Must be in ASAP or will have to wait till later.

2.0 SCHEDULE

   JB: Note that "no substantive changes after PRD3" means no
   further changes to the cl directory, because all further
   changes to the schema modules will only affect the annotations.
   So GKH is out of the critical path (except for help with
   docbook formatting).

   ACTION: JB to publish revised 2.0 schedule to the list.

   SW: Note that many members will be in New Delhi the week of 2
   October.

ACTION ITEM REVIEW

   ACTION: GKH to convert the draft presented to the TC for
   balloting next week to Docbook (so we will freeze all changes
   to the prose for the week while he is working on the
   conversion).

      Conversion done.

      JB: Our publication strategy for 2.0 has been reviewed with
      OASIS.  We "author" in docbook, convert that to HTML using
      the docbook and OASIS template stylesheets, and then create
      a dummy PDF file using OpenOffice as usual.

   ACTION: TM to complete the PRD3 change log for the public
   review.

      This has been assigned to Alan Lemming but not yet received.

Jon Bosak
Chair, OASIS UBL TC