ubl message

Subject: Validating UBL 2.0 genericode files with Altova XMLSpy

Hi,

Is anyone else experiencing this issue:

When I edit and validate a UBL 2.0 supplied GC file using XMLSpy 2006 SP3, I get this error: "Unable to locate a reference to a supported schema type (DTD, W3C Schema) within this document instance." So far, I understand (well, it is more of a deducting guess really) that XMLSpy is doing this:

- if no schemaLocation is present, validation is stopped immediately with the above error message

- if the schemaLocation attribute is found (the named file however may be bogus), then the CustomCatalog.xml file (part of XMLSpy installation, and a subset of OASIS XML catalog) is checked:

    - if an matching uri name= entry is found in the catalog, then the specified uri= file location is used for the validation (and the one specified in schemaLocation is ignored).

    - if no matching uri name= entry is found, then the file name in the schemaLocation attribute is used to validate, or an error reported if that file cannot be found.

It appears to me that XMLSpy requires a schemaLocation attribute even if a XML catalog is used to define the storage location.

Or is it something to do with my XMLSpy configuration?

Regards
Juerg