ubl message

Subject: Re: [ubl] Highlights (not really minutes) from the Singapore Plenary Meeting Nov 6-9 2006

At 2006-11-21 09:29 +0100, Tim McGrath wrote:
>Highlights from UBL Plenary Meeting in Singapore from Nov 6 - 9 2006
>
>Our appreciation goes to CrimsonLogic and ITSC
>for their wonderful support and hospitality during the meeting.

The facilities worked very well and the
hospitality was very warm and generous.  UBL
members missed out on some tremendous food and a
unique night-time safari event, including the UBL
dancers (nothing more need be said on the dancing).

>-------------------
>UN/CEFACT collaboration (Tim McGrath) (see
>presentation at
>http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/ubl/download.php/21288/UBL%20and%20CEFACT.odp)

This is publicly available at:

http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/21288/UBL%20and%20CEFACT.odp

>Tuesday 7th November
>--------------------
>Code List Value Validation Methodology (CLVVM)
>Ken explained CLVVM to the plenary and got
>useful feedback. A further edition is planned.
>It was noted this CLVVM is not a UBL dependent
>thing, the title was chnaged to reflect this.
>Also we noted that while is says code list it
>really applies to any type of value validation.

This has turned into a major rewrite in order to
address all of the comments at the plenary
meeting and some revelations in feedback received
since that time.  I should have the revision ready today or tomorrow.

>OASIS document posting 101
>Ken has noted that posting documents to OASIS
>using default settings means that access is for
>OASIS members only. this is not what we intend.
>He will post instructions how to ensure that all
>UBL documents are accessible by anyone.

This was done during the meeting:

http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/200611/msg00021.html

In those instructions I did not include how to
point directly to an actual resource.  I don't
recommend this since pointing to the meta data
allows the archive reader to discover there may
be subsequent versions of the document they are
looking for.  Nevertheless, if you need to point
directly to a resource,  note in my edits above
how I hacked the URL for a resource by changing
the portion of the URL from "apps/org/workgroup/ubl" to "committees":

http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/ubl/download.php/21288/UBL%20and%20CEFACT.odp)

the preceding password-protected resource becomes
the following public resource:

http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/21288/UBL%20and%20CEFACT.odp

... but I still would recommend we point to the
meta data and not to the resource itself in case the resource has been revised:

http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/document.php?document_id=21288

Note also in my post during the meeting that I
comment on the posting of very large resources unsuitable for storage in Kavi.

Thanks, Tim, for chairing the meeting in
Singapore and recording the highlights.  For me
this was one of the most useful UBL face-to-face meetings I've attended.

--
UBL/XSLT/XSL-FO training: Allerød/Vårø Denmark 2006-11-13,17,20/24
UBL International 2006  2006-11-13/17 http://www.ublconference.com