ubl message

Subject: Draft IDD 2.0 templates

Hello UBL TC (and especially the localization subcommittees),

Thanks to Roberto Cisternino of the ITLSC, we have a set of draft
spreadsheet templates for the UBL 2.0 International Data
Dictionary:

   http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/21306/idd2-templates.zip

The plan is for all the translations to use this set of templates
so that the final IDD can easily be assembled from the work of the
individual LSCs.

Note that there are actually two sets: one with a Column A that
numbers the info items independent of the row numbers (in the
directory withnum), and one without that column (in the directory
sansnum).  I asked Roberto to generate both versions so that we
would have both ready to go when we decide which to use.

I know that JPLSC requested the added number column, but I'm not
clear on the reasoning behind this; I can't think of any use for
the item number that couldn't equally well be met by a row number
without cluttering up the interface with an extra column.  Please
take a look at this and be ready to discuss in next week's TC
calls.  It would help to have either a brief statement of
rationale from JPLSC or their actual participation in next week's
Pacific TC call so that I can understand the reasons for having
the extra column.

Jon