ubl message

Subject: Re: [ubl] Draft IDD 2.0 templates

Dear Jon Bosak,
Dear Roberto Cisternino,

Thank you very much for your valuable comments and warm consideration.

1. Answers to Jon's comments
- Judging from the example, the only two "business processes" are
   "Procurement" and "Transportation."
    - Is this a useful distinction?

YS: This information (business processes) is "Must" information for JPLSC.
Because, we share the translation work. One person translate both the Common
ABIEs and Procurement ABIEs. The other one translate the Transportation
ABIEs.
I don't know whether all LSC and all UBL users need this information
(business processes) as a official IDD V2.0 or not.
Please discuss at UBL TC meeting.

    - What do we do with information items that are used both for
      procurement and for transportation?

YS: As you know, about one year ago, UBL TC Hangzou meeting decided that the
common library will be divide to three files. They are Common, Procurement,
and Transportation. By some discussion at the PSC (Procurement Sub
committee), this decision was changed. The common library is one library.
Instead, the business process column is inserted at the UBL V2.0
spreadsheet.

    - The business process assignments in the spec are much finer
      grained (Create Catalogue, Ordering, Fulfilment with Receipt
      Advice, etc.).  Why are we not using those?

YS: I agree with your opinion. If some ABIEs in the Common library are used
only specified business process (e.g. Create Catalogue, Ordering, Fulfilment
with Receipt Advice, etc), I think the specified business process name will
be described at the business process column. But in may sense, there are few
or a few ABIEs that are used only specified business process (e.g. Create
Catalogue, Ordering, Fulfilment with Receipt Advice, etc). This issue had
better be discussed at the future discussion based on further research.

2. Answer to Roberto comments
(1) Three choice
Thank you for your proposal (three choice).
I will follow UBL TC discussion.
If almost UBL TC members think that the business process column is necessary
for the official UBL IDD V2.0, please select option (1).
If almost UBL TC members think that the business process column is
unnecessary for the official UBL IDD V2.0, please select option (2).

(2)  Template header (by adding a title and a date).
We usually manage these spreadsheets by using printed paper. In case to
print the your original IDD template, there is no information regarding
business document types. Therefore I inserted the title and the date (making
date) in the spreadsheet. If file name will be printed by using Excel
function, that will be OK.

(3) File name
As you maybe know, I have changed the original file name.
(For example)
UBL-Catalogue-2.0-JP.xsl -> 01-UBL-Catalogue-2.0-JP.xsl
UBL-CatalogueRequest-2.0-JP.xsl -> 02-UBL-CatalogueRequest-2.0-JP.xs
UBL-Order-2.0-JP.xsl -> 08-UBL-Order-2.0-JP.xsl
UBL-CommonLibrary-2.0-JP.xsl -> 51-UBL-CommonLibrary-2.0-JP.xsl

This is because I wanted the 53 business documents will be listed manageable
order. In case the original file name, the appearance order of 53 business
documents are disorder. I attched the translation template that has changed
file names.

By the way, I cannot attend the next UBL TC telephone conference.

Best Regards,
Yukinori Saito