OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

ubl message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: Minutes of Pacific UBL TC call 27|28 November 2006

00:30 - 02:30 UTC TUESDAY 28 OCTOBER 2006


   Jon Bosak (chair)
   G. Ken Holman
   Andy Schoka


   Additions to the calendar:

      GKH: SC34 plenary: 22-24 March 2007 Oslo.

      JB: UBL conferences?

      GKH: Considering May/June in London or Oct/Nov in Madrid.

      AS: Note that the September UN/CEFACT Forum meeting in
      Stockholm has yet to be confirmed.

   Code lists

      GKH: Have released ver 0.8 draft 1 (rather than 0.7 draft
      3).  New name: UBL Methodology for Code List and Value

      JB: Hereafter to be known as UMCLVV.

      GKH: In the Code List Representation TC: have invited public
      comment on requirements and received three comments that
      will be addressed in our call 11/28.

   Subcommittee report: PSC

      Nothing this week.

   Subcommittee report: TSC

      AS: Did a lot of work in Singapore; just getting started

   Review of Atlantic call [of 25 October 2006]

      GKH: Regarding the Support Package schedule: we did some
      schedule work in Singapore.

      ACTION: TM to provide details on the meeting in Singapore
      when he gets home from Europe.


   JB: We have achieved the number of "yes" votes needed to ensure
   the approval of UBL 2.0 as an OASIS Standard.  Due to a "no"
   vote, the TC will need to pass a resolution asking OASIS to
   proceed.  Since there are no TC meetings next week, this will
   have to be done in email.  A few "no" votes were expected, so
   the delay attendant on this bit of procedure was factored into
   our schedule from the beginning.  Expect announcements in


   "It's been suggested that we arrange our 2007 schedule (past
   the March meeting in Gaithersburg) to include a European venue.
   It's also been suggested that we don't need to meet so often
   now that we're moving into deployment mode."

   GKH: This came up in Singapore.  In the deployment phase coming
   up, we'll be more project-driven, and it would be best to work
   the meeting schedule around project deadlines.

   JB: But we haven't been very successful in timing projects
   precisely; we generally don't know for sure more than a few
   weeks ahead.  And that's not enough lead time to schedule the
   travel.  How about just two f2f meetings and do the rest by
   mail and phone?  I like to remind people that in the entire
   two-year effort to create the original XML specification, the
   working group never met in person, so this can be done.  Maybe
   we could cancel the Gaithersburg and Ithaca meetings and split
   the difference to meet in Manhattan in late April or early May.

   GKH: Early May but not late April.

   AS: Flexible with regard to scheduling.

   GKH: Early May would actually be better than March in
   Gaithersburg.  Proposal: 7-11 May 2007 in Manhattan.

   JB: And we could do the same with the two meetings scheduled
   for summer and fall: cancel Montréal and Fremantle, and hold
   one meeting in Stockholm to leverage a (possible) UN/CEFACT
   meeting there and a (possible) UBL conference in Madrid.  Let's
   find out what others think and continue the discussion in this
   week's Atlantic call.


   JB: So far we have two estimates for completion: nine months
   for the Japanese version and three months for the Italian

   ACTION: JB to ask the other LSCs for estimates.

   AGREED that the "business process" column contributed by JPLSC
   should be included in the common library templates for use by
   LSCs that wish to divide up the translation work, said column
   to include just the categories "procurement" and
   "transportation" and to be removed (if it's still there) when
   the IDD is compiled.  Same for an item number column as Column
   A, with the suggestion that LSCs delete that column if they
   find the duplication of numbers confusing.

   JB: Pending further discussion in the Atlantic call.


   ACTION: JB to contact SW for the EF data model.


Jon Bosak

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]