ubl message

Subject: Minutes of Atlantic UBL TC call 21 March 2007

MINUTES OF ATLANTIC UBL TC MEETING
15:00 - 17:00 UTC WEDNESDAY 21 MARCH 2007

ATTENDANCE

   Jon Bosak (chair)
   Tony Coates
   Betty Harvey
   G. Ken Holman
   Zarella Rendon
   Paul Thorpe

STANDING ITEMS

   Additions to the calendar:
      http://ibiblio.org/bosak/ubl/calendar.htm

      None.

   Review of Pacific call

      No comments.

SUBMISSION OF UBL 2.0 LIBRARY TO TBG17

   Sign off on submission of UBL 2.0 library to UN/CEFACT TBG17:
   http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/200703/msg00022.html

   AGREED to accept this draft for submission to TBG17.

SUPPORT PAGE

   From this week's Pacific call:

      "AGREED to put events such as the Italian UBL Workshop on
      our event calendar and put a persistent link from the
      support page to the calendar."

   AGREED to add the URL for such events to the event calendar as
   well.

ET.GOV

   ACTION: AS to follow up with SW.

      Pending.

MAY 2007 UBL MEETING IN MANHATTAN

   AGREED to add "minor revision mechanics" to the agenda.

   Agenda so far:

      Customization paper (draft expected from MG/MC)
      Publication of "Approved Errata" (see OASIS TC process)
      Minor revision notification policy
      Minor revision mechanics (draft expected from GKH)
      Code list revision policy
      Collaboration with UN/CEFACT

   AGREED (per Pacific call) to hold the closing plenary Thursday
   afternoon with an additional half-day work session Friday
   morning.

   GKH: Will be staying at the Affinia Eastgate:

      http://www.affinia.com/New-York-City-Hotel.aspx?name=Eastgate-Tower

   [JB has since booked a room there as well.]

NDR WORK #1: NDR 2.0 DOCUMENT

   We need to schedule a work session in which both NDR editors
   can be present to discuss editorial changes.  These are the
   dates that work for JB, GKH, BH: 4/4, 4/11, 4/25.

   ACTION: JB to contact MG and MC concerning availability for
   one-hour work sessions during the Atlantic calls on those
   dates.

   GKH: Many formatting issues in the current PDF are due to
   tagging of the docbook version as BOOK rather than ARTICLE.

   ACTION: BH to retag the draft and regenerate the PDF.

   AGREED to work on the formatting issues asynchronously.

NDR WORK #2: "HYBRID APPROACH"

   MC and MG were unable to attend the call, but MG sent the
   following by email:

      Ok with hybrid approach proposal in general; however,
      consideration of our large installed base prevents me from
      recommending it. Also, there still seems to be some
      confusion about ASBIEs.

NDR WORK #3: CCTS REVIEW

   From MG by email:

      UML diagrams look fine. Two other comments though:

         As an example of an Aggregate Core Component, they give
         "Financial Account Details" ; isn't the fact that it is a
         'financial' account giving it context?

         Section 5.3.3 - Line 585: What is a BSCC?

   Since the purpose of these two items was to prepare for next
   week's UN/CEFACT Forum in Dublin, we will assume that MG and MC
   are in communication with each other regarding these issues.

OTHER ACTION ITEMS

   ACTION: MC to check with her management to see whether she
   can attend some of the UN/CEFACT Forum meeting in Dublin.

      MC will attend Monday through Wednesday.

   ACTION: MG to check with his management to see whether he can
   attend the ATG2 interim meeting tentatively scheduled for
   Princeton.

      Pending.

OTHER BUSINESS

   As several members are not available next week, and as next
   week's Pacific call has already been canceled, we will skip
   next week's Atlantic call as well.  Both calls will resume as
   usual the week of 2 April.  Please check local times carefully
   against the UTC times for the start of each call (00:30 Tuesday
   for Pacific and 15:00 Wednesday for Atlantic) -- some locations
   will change to daylight time during this period.

Jon Bosak
Chair, OASIS UBL TC