ubl message

Subject: More typos in the IDD spreadsheets and UBL 2.0 spreadsheet models

Hi folks,

At 2007-07-19 05:22 -0700, jon.bosak@sun.com wrote:
>    ACTION: JB to minute the one nonsubstantive spreadsheet error
>    found so far (the entry for BOSNIA AND HERZEGOVINA in
>    CountryIdentificationCode-2.0.gc is broken) and send a message
>    to this effect to ubl-dev.
>       and add the typo in UBL-CommonLibrary-2.0.xls, Q99.
>
>       JB: Will probably wait another few weeks to see whether any
>       other fixes turn up.

I've finished an exhaustive (and exhausting) review of the UBL 2.0
model spreadsheets because in working with the IDD I found
discrepancies in the published dictionary entry names.  Before I
could trust the IDD dictionary names I needed to check the model
dictionary names and the following problems were found.  For every
repair in the DEN values of the UBL 2.0 spreadsheets, the IDD
template and the ES and IT templates have to be changed.

I'm working with the UBL 2.0 model ODS files so I'm assuming the same
problems are in the XLS files.

I posit these are not benign errors:  I wrote a number of stylesheets
anticipating the spreadsheets to be correct and I've now spent many
hours finding and confirming all of these issues by writing software
to compare the spreadsheet fields.  If other people assume that the
spreadsheet contents are correct, there will be problems down the
road for them.

None of these changes impact the normative schemas.  A number of them
impact the IDD template and both translations so far.

Note the cell citations below, for example "B119 (row 116)", refer
respectively, to the spreadsheet cell B119 and the row number 116
from column A ... I found this confusing more than once.  It is easy
to read column A as the spreadsheet row instead of the data row, when
B119 refers to the spreadsheet row.

I've made changes in my local copies but these changes should be made
in the master spreadsheets (both formats) and documented as
errata.  I apologize that I do not have the time to work on changing
the master spreadsheets.  I am willing to run any proposed new
spreadsheets through my IDD processes in order to vet the completed
work, just send them to me when updated.

Please let me know if I have messed up any of these changes by not
properly interpreting the naming rules.

Meanwhile, if I find any more mistakes I will post the details.

. . . . . . . . . Ken

(1) - in both UBL 2.0 Common Library spreadsheets, cell B455 reads
"Hazardous Item. Medical First Aid Guide Code Code" and should read
"Hazardous Item. Medical First Aid Guide Code. Code"

(2) - (this old item was moved below to be grouped with like items)

(3) - in both UBL 2.0 Catalogue Request spreadsheets, cell B28 reads
"Catalogue Request. Catalogue Request B28Line" and should read
"Catalogue Request. Catalogue Request Line"

(4) - I think UBL 2.0 Common Library cells B117, B118, B119, B252,
B279, B895, B896 and B897 are wrong:  these Dictionary Entry Names
are comprised of only:

    Object Class. Property Term Qualifier_ Property Term

while all other cells similarly structured (like B112) are comprised of:

    Object Class. Property Term Qualifier_ Property Term. Representation Term

The repairs would be to use the following:

  B117: Catalogue Pricing Update Line. Contractor_ Customer Party.
Customer Party
  B118: Catalogue Pricing Update Line. Seller_ Supplier Party. Supplier Party
  B119: Catalogue Pricing Update Line. Required_ Item Location
Quantity. Item Location Quantity
  B252: Credit Note Line. Discrepancy_ Response. Response
  B279: Debit Note Line. Discrepancy_ Response. Response
  B895: Shipment Stage. Loading Port_ Location. Location
  B896: Shipment Stage. Unloading Port_ Location. Location
  B897: Shipment Stage. Transship Port_ Location. Location

(5) - UBL 2.0 Common Library cell B38 has an invalid value "Allowance
Charge. Reason. Text" and it is missing the qualifier and should be
"Allowance Charge. Allowance Charge_ Reason. Text"  (note that if I
have this wrong and the qualifier is supposed to be suppressed when
equal to the class, then this isn't wrong and other cells are wrong)

(6) - UBL 2.0 Common Library cells B253 and B254 have a DEN starting
with "Credit Note" when the DEN should be "Credit Note Line"

(7) - UBL 2.0 Common Library cells B280 and B281 have a DEN starting
with "Debit Note" when the DEN should be "Debit Note Line"

(8) - UBL 2.0 Common Library cell B423 has a DEN "Goods Item.
Quantity. Quantity" that should be "Goods Item. Quantity" to follow
the same pattern as, for example, cell 407 (unless B937 of "Goods
Item. Identifier" is wrong and should be "Goods Item. Identifier. Identifier")

(9) - UBL 2.0 Common Library cell G424 reads "Criterion" and should
read "Code" because the representation term is "Code", which then
changes F424 from "Preference" to "Preference Criterion"

(10) - UBL 2.0 Common Library cell G577 reads "Method" and should
read "Code" because the representation term is "Code", which then
changes F577 from "Inspection" to "Inspection Method"

(11) - UBL 2.0 Common Library cell B653 reads "Order Reference.
Customer_Reference. Text" and should read "Order Reference. Customer_
Reference. Text"

(12) - UBL 2.0 Common Library cell I779 is empty and should be "Line Item"

(13) - UBL 2.0 Common Library cell B796 reads "Receipt Line. Timing
Complaint. Code" and should read "Receipt Line. Timing Complaint
Code. Code" because of the property term

(14) - UBL 2.0 Common Library cell G815 reads "Accounting Cost" and
should read "Text" because the representation term is "Text", which
then changes F815 from empty to "Accounting Cost"

(15) - UBL 2.0 Common Library cell G856 reads "Level" and should read
"Code" because the representation term is "Code", which then changes
F856 from "Shipping Priority" to "Shipping Priority Level"

(16) - UBL 2.0 Common Library cell E881 reads "First Arrival Port "
and the trailing space should be removed to read "First Arrival Port"

(17) - UBL 2.0 Common Library cell E882 reads "Last Arrival Port "
and the trailing space should be removed to read "Last Arrival Port"

(18) - UBL 2.0 Common Library cell B939 has a DEN "Status. Percent.
Percent" that should be "Status. Percent" to follow the same pattern
as, for example, cell 937 (unless B937 of "Status. Text" is wrong and
should be "Status. Text. Text")

(19) - UBL 2.0 Common Library cell B1027 reads "Transport Event.
Transport Event Type. Code" and should read "Transport Event.
Transport Event Type Code. Code" because of the property term

(20) - in the following spreadsheets, cells H4 and H5 are wrong
because they are the fixed string "Identifier" rather than the
formula found in H3 which produces the correct value ... copying the
formula from H3 to H4 and H5 repairs these cells (turns out to be
every one *except* UBL-TransportationStatus-2.0.ods which is already
correct in UBL 2.0):

   UBL-ApplicationResponse-2.0.ods
   UBL-AttachedDocument-2.0.ods
   UBL-BillOfLading-2.0.ods
   UBL-Catalogue-2.0.ods
   UBL-CatalogueDeletion-2.0.ods
   UBL-CatalogueItemSpecificationUpdate-2.0.ods
   UBL-CataloguePricingUpdate-2.0.ods
   UBL-CatalogueRequest-2.0.ods
   UBL-CertificateOfOrigin-2.0.ods
   UBL-CreditNote-2.0.ods
   UBL-DebitNote-2.0.ods
   UBL-DespatchAdvice-2.0.ods
   UBL-ForwardingInstructions-2.0.ods
   UBL-FreightInvoice-2.0.ods
   UBL-Invoice-2.0.ods
   UBL-Order-2.0.ods
   UBL-OrderCancellation-2.0.ods
   UBL-OrderChange-2.0.ods
   UBL-OrderResponse-2.0.ods
   UBL-OrderResponseSimple-2.0.ods
   UBL-PackingList-2.0.ods
   UBL-Quotation-2.0.ods
   UBL-ReceiptAdvice-2.0.ods
   UBL-Reminder-2.0.ods
   UBL-RemittanceAdvice-2.0.ods
   UBL-RequestForQuotation-2.0.ods
   UBL-SelfBilledCreditNote-2.0.ods
   UBL-SelfBilledInvoice-2.0.ods
   UBL-Statement-2.0.ods
   UBL-Waybill-2.0.ods

(21) in UBL-CreditNote-2.0.ods cell B3 reads "Credit Note. UBL
Version. Identifier" and should read "Credit Note. UBL Version
Identifier. Identifier"

(22) in UBL-DespatchAdvice-2.0.ods cell J1 is empty and should read
"Data Type Qualifier"

(23) in UBL-DespatchAdvice-2.0.ods cell J11 has "Document Status" and
I think it should be empty because other codes have a data type of
just "Code. Type" without being qualified, which also leads to F11
changing from "Document" to "Document Status" and G11 from "Status" to "Code"

(24) in UBL-Invoice-2.0.ods cell B36 has "Invoice. Tax_
Representative_ Party. Party" and should be "Invoice. Tax
Representative_ Party. Party"

(25) in UBL-Reminder-2.0.ods cell F12 has "Reminder" and should be
"Reminder Sequence", cell G12 has "Sequence" and should be "Numeric",
and cell H12 has the hardwired string "Reminder Sequence" when it
should be the formula in every other row of column 12 ... this then
changes the DEN in B12 from "Reminder. Reminder Sequence. Numeric" to
"Reminder. Reminder Sequence Numeric. Numeric"

(26) in UBL-SelfBilledCreditNote-2.0.ods cell B36 reads "Self Billed
Credit Note. Legal_ Monetary Total. Monetary Tota" and should read
"Self Billed Credit Note. Legal_ Monetary Total. Monetary Total"

(27) - in the IDD template and UBL-CatalogueRequest-2.0-ES.xls and
UBL-CatalogueRequest-2.0-IT.xls - cell B30 (row 27) must be
"Catalogue Request. Catalogue Request Line"

(28) - in the IDD template and UBL-CommonLibrary-2.0-ES.xls and
UBL-CommonLibrary-2.0-IT.xls -

  B40: Allowance Charge. Allowance Charge_ Reason. Text
  B119: Catalogue Pricing Update Line. Contractor_ Customer Party.
Customer Party
  B120: Catalogue Pricing Update Line. Seller_ Supplier Party. Supplier Party
  B121: Catalogue Pricing Update Line. Required_ Item Location
Quantity. Item Location Quantity
  B254: Credit Note Line. Discrepancy_ Response. Response
  B255: Credit Note Line. Despatch_ Line Reference. Line Reference
  B256: Credit Note Line. Receipt_ Line Reference. Line Reference
  B281: Debit Note Line. Discrepancy_ Response. Response
  B282: Debit Note Line. Despatch_ Line Reference. Line Reference
  B283: Debit Note Line. Receipt_ Line Reference. Line Reference
  B425: Goods Item. Quantity
  B457: Hazardous Item. Medical First Aid Guide Code. Code
  B655: Order Reference. Customer_ Reference. Text
  B798: Receipt Line. Timing Complaint Code. Code
  B897: Shipment Stage. Loading Port_ Location. Location
  B898: Shipment Stage. Unloading Port_ Location. Location
  B899: Shipment Stage. Transship Port_ Location. Location
  B941: Status. Percent
  B1029: Transport Event. Transport Event Type Code. Code

(29) in the IDD template and UBL-Reminder-2.0-ES.xls and
UBL-Reminder-2.0-IT.xls - cell B14 must be "Reminder. Reminder
Sequence Numeric. Numeric"

(30) in the IDD template and UBL-SelfBilledCreditNote-2.0-ES.xls and
UBL-SelfBilledCreditNote-2.0-IT.xls - cell B38 must be "Self Billed
Credit Note. Legal_ Monetary Total. Monetary Total"

[end of change list]

--
Upcoming public training: XSLT/XSL-FO Sep 10, UBL/code lists Oct 1
Male Cancer Awareness Jul'07  http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/o/bc